With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
WQ3 pre B2.2 archive. Links may not work.

stuttering sound on test server ?

Postby sig11 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:46 pm

We've been experiencing strange stuttering sounds when spectating. Mostly when the spectated person carries a lit dynamite or swims under water. During the last beta tester session on the test server I have been spectating 3rd person (i.e. non-attached) during several BR modes where players used dynamite quite a bit. Here are my findings:
- When somebody has a lit dynamite, the fuse sound stutters. As soon as it is thrown, the sound is ok
- But, this also happened with ID and mod version !

But, I have an idea. The problem could be a bug in the test server which runs a standalone version.

So, I need some sort of survey. Does this stuttering also happen when playing on Rawhide, hika's servers or any other server ? Does it happen for you on my test server or not ? Don't us my BR server as comparison, since it is the same engine as my test server. My deathmatch server is ok, though (until in a few weeks, though).
In-game name: =SG= Django (yes, it's cliché :-) )
sig11
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:55 am

I have expirenced this on RAWHIDE and on a dedicated LAN server. I also noticed this with both the old and new patches.
How was the lag? I always thought this was due to lag.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby L3th4l » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:37 am

Nothing to do with lag..

@sig11.. Happens on RAWHIDE too.
L3th4l
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby sig11 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:12 pm

Thanks so far. I've waited a bit if somebody else had something to report ;-) ... but it seems this is a b2.1 or even b2.0 issue. If there will be some beta testing on the weekend, it will probably on hika's server anyways since I'll be gone ;-) ... so could somebody keep an eye this stuttering effect ? Thanks !

Not that this makes it any better, but if it is independent of the engine and the client, then the bug is probably somewhere in the WQ-game code.
In-game name: =SG= Django (yes, it's cliché :-) )
sig11
SG Team

Return to WQ3 Beta 2.2 Testing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel