With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
WQ3 pre B2.2 archive. Links may not work.

How do you want 3rd party models be handled in BR modes ?

Poll ended at Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:59 pm

Cool, let me use my standard Sentenza model even if I join Lawmen (I can't recoginze dark or light skins anyways).
No votes
You better work and code up a solution. Only dark skins belong to Outlaws and light skins to Lawmen. The red X is a kludge anyways.
No votes
I don't care.
No votes
Sit back and relax, leave it as is. Only the standard 8 skins should be allowed. Novody will create a 3rd party model anyways.
100%

Total votes : 6

Requesting opinions for BR and other team based modes

Postby sig11 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:59 pm

We've stumbled upon a small problem which should rather be decided by mostly BR players rather than by us:

It hasn't happened yet, but in case anybody creates a 3rd party model, it can only be chosen in DM/single player modes via the regular "player" menu item in the "Settings" menu where a 3rd party model will automatically show up. However, for BR/TDM/RTP games, the game presents you with a fixed selection of 4 models depending on if you join the outlaws or the lawmen excluding any 3rd party models.

Now, I had this idea that it would be possible to throw out the model-to-team assoziation alltogether and make the players be more careful - or rely on either the name the game puts next to each player or the red cross the game puts on the cross hair.

So, here is a poll - the last option is only the easy way out for us ;-) ....
In-game name: =SG= Django (yes, it's cliché :-) )
sig11
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:10 pm

I cant tell the different between light and dark models at a distance, but up close it is kinda important. I voted #4: if there isnt any 3rd party models now, why fix the problem now?

Pardner
SG Team

Postby sig11 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:19 am

Pardner wrote: if there isnt any 3rd party models now, why fix the problem now?

For testing something different I reskineed an existing model (making it greyscale - so don't hold your breath ;-) ...) and that's why I stumbled across this issue.
In-game name: =SG= Django (yes, it's cliché :-) )
sig11
SG Team

Postby DeUgli » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:35 pm

sig11 wrote:[For testing something different I reskineed an existing model (making it greyscale - so don't hold your breath ;-) ...) and that's why I stumbled across this issue.

It is very easy to re-skin a model, which is a reason to keep only the stock models. That's why I voted #4, even though I anticipate new models, or at least new skins.
DeUgli
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby hika » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:00 pm

In my case, when playing BR mode, I never rely on the red cross, but only the player's name and skin.
I will also vote #4 as I don't think there are any players who have the guts (or the time) to skin a new custom model.
However, if new skins are allowed, it will not make a difference for me, about the gameplay, as I will get used about who are or are not on my team.
I know it can be problematic if some smart players play with a derived Sentenza skin (same color for example) as a Lawmen.
How about a cvar to allow/deny news skins on these gametypes ?
SG name: Manchot
SG fansite: http://western.bsdmon.com
userbar originally created by Caffeine
hika
SG Team

Postby EvilFutsin » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:30 pm

Ya know I thought about voting for third party models...then I realized the only reason I'd say that is cuz I'd want to do one and then realized I can't model. Then remember that if I skinned anything, if it was actually good enough for people to use, it'd probably end up in the real game itself! :lol:
"I Gotta Believe!"
EvilFutsin
SG Team

Postby hika » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:57 pm

I would like to add that, if I voted #4, it does not mean nobody should make a model ;)
At the present time, I'm just pessimist about that, and I don't think it is necessary to do code fix, right now.
However, if anyone want to model some new faces, just keep going !
I will be glad to play with new models, even on BR/TDM/RTP gametypes.
SG name: Manchot
SG fansite: http://western.bsdmon.com
userbar originally created by Caffeine
hika
SG Team

Return to WQ3 Beta 2.2 Testing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel