With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
WQ3 pre B2.2 archive. Links may not work.

[BUG] Players get kicked if an unpure client tries to connec

Postby Breli » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:59 pm

Hi,

Not sure where to put it so it will go here ...

I was playing with the standalone on sig11's SitW-DM. Hellrider tried to connect and left the beta2.2 in his WQ dir. I got the message "unpure client detected invalid pk3 referenced blabal) and got kicked out (game was frozen, nothing happend). Another player (playing with the normal mod I guess, definately not with the beta2.2) got kicked as well. Went back in with the other guy and hellrider and we could play just fine.

That happend before as well, but I thought it might just be a "bad luck" or one of these days. But now we might even be able to reproduce it.

I never had that with older version, so I guess that it is somehow related to the beta2.2/standalone.

:?
SG name: =SG= BRELI

Harmonica: Did you bring a horse?
Gunmen: Looks like we are short on one horse!
Harmonica: No. You brought two too many.
Breli
SG Team

Postby sig11 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:34 pm

I moved it into beta testing, so that Hellrider can read it.

@Hellrider, do you remember any messages you got ? Any mentioning of any pk3 names ? Also, did you play somewhere else before ? And finally, do you have downloads enabled or disabled and do you have the latest wq_train map ?

Personally, I think it should not matter if the 2.2 pk3 or the new train is in the westernq3 folder, since the client usually isn't even considering these unpure paks - and it usually also works fine for me.

But in the end, this is a bug in so far as the server should not be doing what it's doing - obviously ;-) ...

BTW, I checked the log of the server but only saw you guys disconnecting and reconnecting. Unfortunately, no mentioning whatsoever about the "why" ... :?

It's in the database as #35
In-game name: =SG= Django (yes, it's cliché :-) )
sig11
SG Team

Postby Hellrider » Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:42 pm

sig11 wrote:@Hellrider, do you remember any messages you got ? Any mentioning of any pk3 names ? Also, did you play somewhere else before ? And finally, do you have downloads enabled or disabled and do you have the latest wq_train map ?

Hmm, the only message i got was something like "Invalid pk3-files detected..." But special pk3 names weren't mentioned, so i don't know either which files were interfering.
I got downloads enabled and i've got the latest wq_train in my wq3 folder but it is renamed to "wq_train.pk3.new", so i can't imagine the new map could interfere.

BTW: I got a very similar thing to that a few days ago (this was the first time i got such a problem report). I posted it there :

http://www.westernquake3.net/viewtopic.php?t=873
Hellrider
Gunslinger

Postby sig11 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:54 pm

Thanks for the info !

I just checked the actual code, and indeed, it does not tell anywhere the exact reason for this error :-( ... so I'll probably install a version which is a bit more verbose (both to the player and to me) in this regard. Oh, and the exact error messgae is "Unpure client detected. Invalid .PK3 files referenced!" - I hope that's what you saw - otherwise I'm digging in the wrong corner ;-)
sig11
SG Team

Postby Hellrider » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:13 pm

sig11 wrote: Oh, and the exact error messgae is "Unpure client detected. Invalid .PK3 files referenced!" - I hope that's what you saw - otherwise I'm digging in the wrong corner ;-)

Yeah i think that was it, however i can't exactly remember it (btw i had drunk some beers already but i wasn't drunk yet :wink: )

But if i'll get this bug the next time, then i'll write down the error message! :)
Hellrider
Gunslinger

Postby Hellrider » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:01 pm

sig11 wrote:Oh, and the exact error messgae is "Unpure client detected. Invalid .PK3 files referenced!" - I hope that's what you saw - otherwise I'm digging in the wrong corner ;-)

Got this error again and this time i wrote down the problem report and it's exactly what you(sig11) got, too:

"Unpure client detected, Invalid pk3 files referenced"

Hope this helps :wink:
Hellrider
Gunslinger

Postby sig11 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:15 pm

Thanks ! Was that on my normal SITW server ? Did it disconnect the other players again ?

I've checked the extra logging I did. I found one instance where you were inedeed kicked. The specific reason was: your client did not send the checksums in the expected order. Or maybe the other way round: my server did not reciev them in the expected order ;-) ... Could be network related ?! ...
sig11
SG Team

Postby Hellrider » Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:40 pm

sig11 wrote:Was that on my normal SITW server ? Did it disconnect the other players again ?

No , it's not normal on this server for me. I only get this bug from time to time.
I think this time the other players hadn't been kicked again.
Hellrider
Gunslinger

Return to WQ3 Beta 2.2 Testing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel