With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
WQ3 pre B2.2 archive. Links may not work.

Test Server needpass 1????

Postby Hellrider » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:05 am

Just tried to connect to the Test server and i got the message : "Invalid CD-Key"

Then i looked at the serverstatus and i saw that g_needpass has been set to 1.

BTW: I sold my Q3 a few years ago, so haven't got a key anymore. :(

@sig11 : Could you please change this value any time???
Hellrider
Gunslinger

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:33 am

A fake key will work for most wq3 servers. But before you do that, just try hitting the "escape" key. I've run into this before a long time ago & that usually takes care of it. As for the server, g_needpass 1 just means you need to use the password. Which is hocico. Hope this helps.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Hellrider » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:38 pm

@ Red : No way. I tried three different serials, but i always got the same message : INVALID_CDKEY

And, of course, i always typed in the pw hocico.

Are you sure that g_needpass 1 is for password protection??
I had a quake 3 server running a long time ago and i'm very sure that g_needpass is for the cd-keys...(maybe i'm wrong)

BTW , i just looked at the serverstatus of hika's test server and i saw that g_needpass is set to "0". And his server is password protected, too.

I'm not 100%sure about the function of g_needpass but if i'm wrong please tell me for what it is and what keeps me away from connecting to this Test Server. :wink:
Hellrider
Gunslinger

Postby L3th4l » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:27 pm

g_needpass and g_password are used together for passwording the server, you can also use sv_privateClients and sv_privatePassword.

Hika's test server uses sv_privateClients and sv_privatePassword for passwording his server.

As far as the cd-key goes, sv_strictAuth needs to be set to 0
L3th4l
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby sig11 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:06 pm

Sorry, I'm an idiot :lol: I've set sv_strictauth to true .... it's changed now

However, some background: I changed from 16 private slots which used sv_privatePassword to general password protection with g_needpass. In fact, the latter should be "the proper" way anyways. But it did not work with bots. However, this is one of the things fixed in testpatch02. Hence, I took advantage of this fix :D
It seems, though, that the game did not check the key for private slots. I'm too lazy to check if this is a bug or a desired feature - it could very well be the latter. After all, you want to invite private friends or the like.
In-game name: =SG= Django (yes, it's cliché :-) )
sig11
SG Team

Return to WQ3 Beta 2.2 Testing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel