With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
WQ3 pre B2.2 archive. Links may not work.

Hang'em High Testing

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:51 pm

*Link removed. -ReD-
This is release candidate 1. You can delete any TEST versions of HighNoon2 now. Ivisibility bug is already known in this map. Please test this map over the next few days. Any changes need to be made before next weekend. FPS has gone down but I did my best. Performance inside of buildings seems acceptable. It's in the street that you may notice slower framerates. As best I can tell, the only thing I can do to help in this area is to reduce the number of breakable windows.
Last edited by ReD NeCKersoN on Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Re: Hang'em High Testing

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:55 pm

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:You can delete any TEST versions of HighNoon2 now.

Test server admins should do this as well. :wink: Of course, once the beta 2.2 comes out HN2 will cease to exist at all. HeH is a full replacement of that old map.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby sig11 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:39 pm

HeH is on my server, and HN2 has gone off my server 8)

Cool map indeed !

The FPS does drop, but it's not worse than tillian (I'd say), and that's the benchmark for me ;-) ...

A relatively minor thing and you probably know about it: when underneath the sliding crate in the little brick building next to the library, one can see through it when looking up. This is probably a deeper issue and similar to what has happened to train when beeing able to look into the second floor: i.e. some bounding box issues of the models. But I thought I'd mention it ;-)

And a very minor thing: when it was still hignoon, I once had a bot stuck behind the side door of the lawyer building when the door was opened to the outside.
In-game name: =SG= Django (yes, it's cliché :-) )
sig11
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:09 am

Ok, due to a weird problem with ladders this version was reconstructed from a version that was 3 days old. Long story made short, I've discovered several problems. This is no longer a release candidate & I will have a revised version uploaded in a few days that hopefully will be a release candidate.
sig11 wrote:when underneath the sliding crate in the little brick building next to the library, one can see through it when looking up. This is probably a deeper issue and similar to what has happened to train when beeing able to look into the second floor: i.e. some bounding box issues of the models.

It is, in fact, a deeper issue. Same thing happened when it was originally a rotating door. I put the sliding crate there in an attempt to fix the problem. I've actually tried many variations to no avail. I just had to accept this since I simply must have a door of some kind there. Hmmm, something just occurred to me. I'll try placing a playerclip just below the box that moves with the crate when activated. Just might work. If it does, pat yourself on the back for bringing this up again. :D (Btw, placing playerclips just below low ceilings can keep players from looking through them. Of course, the ideal thing is to never have low ceilings in the first place.)

As for the bot, well you know how damn stupid they are. :lol:

FPS: I think I'll open a few of the windows on this level & make them decorative. (Non breakable.) You'll notice that shooting all of the windows in rapid succession makes the fps fall drastically. Too many particle shards lying around. :wink:
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:20 pm

New version at the same link in the first post.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:29 pm

I just wandered around the map for a little while. I think having the hotel open is really going to change the gameplay (for the better). I look forward to doing some good DM on it!

The twisting stairway is pretty narrow and hard to come down, but i dont know if this is going to be a problem because I havent actually done a good DM on it yet.

I LOVE MIRRORS!!! MY NEW FAVORITE ROOM....

Pardner
SG Team

Postby DeUgli » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:10 pm

Pardner wrote:
I LOVE MIRRORS!!! MY NEW FAVORITE ROOM....

Yes, that is a great touch. Of course, the first time I saw it I tried to shoot myself.... even though I was alone on the map. :lol:
DeUgli
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:05 am

Pardner wrote:I think having the hotel open is really going to change the gameplay

It does. Big time.
Pardner wrote:The twisting stairway is pretty narrow and hard to come down, but i dont know if this is going to be a problem because I havent actually done a good DM on it yet.

You'll find it's much easier to jump down. There are several ways to do it, bouncing here & there, to keep from taking damage. I spent many hours on that stupid spiral staircase trying to make it easier to traverse. I contemplated removing it altogether but I like the visual appeal that it brings. Going up isn't too tough once you get used to it.
Pardner wrote:I LOVE MIRRORS!!! MY NEW FAVORITE ROOM....

Heh, glad you like it. Actually, your very own level inspired the way I implemented it. Give yourself a pat on the back. :wink:

DeUgli wrote:Of course, the first time I saw it I tried to shoot myself.... even though I was alone on the map.

LOL! I was wondering how many people might fall for that. You have the honor of being the first, afaik. :lol:

Thanks for the comments guys. No bugs to report so far, eh? GOOD.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Return to WQ3 Beta 2.2 Testing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel