With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
WQ3 pre B2.2 archive. Links may not work.

Windows on WQ_lake look foggy

Postby Hellrider » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:00 am

Windows on wq_lake : When jumping on the legde and lokking down,you only can see "fog"...

Here the screenshot :Image

This one is taken from the upper window of the house with the landing stege, when looking towards the lake.

On the one hand i like wht clean windows, but on the other hand this fog effect is crap :|
Hellrider
Gunslinger

Postby hika » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:20 am

I have to mention that the screenshot was taken from the last 2.2 RC1.
This is certainly something about some glasses textures in wq3_textures1.pk3.
SG name: Manchot
SG fansite: http://western.bsdmon.com
userbar originally created by Caffeine
hika
SG Team

Postby sig11 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:46 pm

For me it does not look as bad as in your screenshot (maybe diferent texture detail settings etc.). But I've located the textrue, it's
textures/effects/tinfx.jpg
I hope I can change it in the coming few days. And then I'll try another console font, too ;-) once I'm at it. ...
In-game name: =SG= Django (yes, it's cliché :-) )
sig11
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:17 pm

It's probably not the texture itself but rather the shader associated with it. The easiest solution is to just use a different texture. Lethal is on a deadline with his job & can't spare the time to do any mapping lately. I'll see if I can get my hands on the map files for Lake & just change the window to a different texture. I'll also move the br spawnpoints around as well. Other than that, nothing else will be changed. I'll upload a new version as soon as I have something & report it in the Lake testing thread.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby sig11 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:36 pm

Well, the direct problem is the texture. Of course, it would be possible to change the shader, too. But I already made a new texture ;-)

IIRC, the same texture is used for some windows in wq_dry - that's at least where I remember seeing a warning about this very texture. Back then I did not understand how this texture was used :lol: especially when comparing Id's and OA's ... now I know .... Probably, l3th4l just used the windows from wq_dry including everything (only that the lighting there is much brighter). But yeah, let him deal with real life first ;-)
In-game name: =SG= Django (yes, it's cliché :-) )
sig11
SG Team

Return to WQ3 Beta 2.2 Testing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel