With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
WQ3 pre B2.2 archive. Links may not work.

new files

Postby Dadamungo » Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:09 am

I must be impatient or slow. I dunno, but I tried to download the map that RAWHIDE said I didn't have and it still would not let me connect. I downloaded the latest verions of 2.2 just to be sure and still no dice.

I don't know anything about C programming but I do know in other languages it's not hard to check for a file and then try to fetch from a web site to download it, has that been considered for WQ3? I'd bet it has but thought I'd raise the concern since I know there are a handful of folks that LOVE this game and want others to join. If I can't join, I'd bet others are having the same troubles at some time...

(since it knows when there isn't a correct version of a map, I'd say it's 1/2 the way done, right, just need to download the right map. simple :D)

-rob
-Dadamungo
Dadamungo
Shootist

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:09 am

My guess is that you already have the file you need, but it's an outdated version. (You're a tester afterall, right? :wink: ) Look at the news on the main website again. Get the map pack. Specifically, you probably need the NEW version of NoNameCity since that's the map we were playing when you tried to connect. Anything else you had that might have been a conflict should have been overwritten by the 2.2 update. Hope this helps. Holler at us if it doesn't.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Dadamungo » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:48 pm

hahaha, yea, I got it, must have been to much pre-turkey beer in me to think clearly 8)
Dadamungo
Shootist

Postby sig11 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:01 pm

Either it is what Red said, or it is what I wrote there (which I deemed important enogh to make its own topic)
In-game name: =SG= Django (yes, it's cliché :-) )
sig11
SG Team

Postby sig11 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:02 pm

d'oh ... while I was fighting with typos you already got it ... :roll:
In-game name: =SG= Django (yes, it's cliché :-) )
sig11
SG Team

Return to WQ3 Beta 2.2 Testing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel