With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

Help with the maps

Postby godsmack » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:30 pm

Hi all,i've just logged in this nice forum for the first time :D

and obviously i've a question for you!

i'd like use the "bank robbery" maps in deathmatch play,is it possibile?

in that way i could have more maps to use in deatmatch :D

thanx in advance for you answer
godsmack
Newcomer

Re: Help with the maps

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:29 pm

godsmack wrote:i'd like use the "bank robbery" maps in deathmatch play,is it possibile?

Howdy & welcome to the forum! :D
You'll notice that some of the newer maps (Train, Lake, Backwater, Coyote Bluff, NoName City) all support BR, RTP, TDM & DM. But the older maps are not like this. The only thing that could be done is to have a mapper create a deathmatch mode for those older BR maps. Unless that happens, it is not possible to play a BR map in DM mode.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby hika » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:58 pm

godsmack wrote:i'd like use the "bank robbery" maps in deathmatch play,is it possibile?

Welcome to the forum !
I remember having this kind of question in my mind, when I first play WQ3, some months ago ... so your question seems to be obvious.
Btw, does it need lots of time (and skills) to add DM, RTP, TDM support on "beta 2.2 < " BR maps ?
SG name: Manchot
SG fansite: http://western.bsdmon.com
userbar originally created by Caffeine
hika
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:06 pm

hika wrote:Btw, does it need lots of time (and skills) to add DM, RTP, TDM support on "beta 2.2 < " BR maps ?

That depends. If all you want to do is place spawnpoints & money then it wouldn't take very long. But many of the BR maps have very few buildings that you can go in. So, if you wanted to open some of the buildings or make other changes...then you would need more time & skillz. I actually think it would be easier to make a BR map out of a DM level. But that's just my opinion.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Breli » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:30 am

As Red already said: making BR maps is not really difficult. there are only a few things that have to be put into place ... The problem is that most of the DM maps won't work well as BR maps (think of dry for example) and vice versa.

We can give it a try though. I volunteer to to a quick conversion of one map if you want to test that. But keep in mind that tweaking things for real gameplay and fun may take more time that Red and me actually have right now for experiments like this ;)

Breli
SG name: =SG= BRELI

Harmonica: Did you bring a horse?
Gunmen: Looks like we are short on one horse!
Harmonica: No. You brought two too many.
Breli
SG Team

Postby godsmack » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:01 pm

thanx very much for your answers :)

if a day you'll have the time to do that i sure wanna be a betatester :D

thanx a lot again for your awesome work,go on this way
godsmack
Newcomer

Return to Help Forum

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel