With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

HOwwww

Postby DEADMAN » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:08 am

Hello,

Im new around here, i was wondering how i can see the servers for the online Mulitiplayer.???Because I Get on and its empty.I have the maps and all that stuff im just wondering if there is something more i have to do in order to play with acual people in stead of bots. :)

Thanks Alot, DEADMAN
DEADMAN
Pistolero

Postby Dadamungo » Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:09 am

The number of people playing seems to rise and fall. On the weekends you can usually find some folks playing. You could also probably talk a few people into a game on the #westernq3 IRC channel.
Also, there is a bot on there called wq3server_scan that will report periodically if anybody is playing, or you can just type "player count" (without the quotes) in the IRC channel and get a listing of who is playing on what servers. It's the same as the results from http://bootblock.de/wq3 but handy if you are using IRC.

From the news on this site it seems like they are going to release the stand alone game soon and the number of people playing will surely increase! :)
Dadamungo
Shootist

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:15 am

Howdy DEADMAN and welcome to the wq3 community! :D
In addition to Dadamungo's remarks, HERE is another thread with even more information that you may find usefull. The RAWHIDE server mentioned in that topic is having some trouble recently so you may not see that particular server right now if you go looking for it. I find that if I connect to a server and practice against bots other players will start joining. Sometimes it just takes one player to get the ball rolling. And while you will find that most wq3 fans are very nice & helpful, you will also notice that most of them are also deadly. Don't get discouraged if you die a lot at first. Hope to see you ingame soon! 8)
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby DEADMAN » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:53 am

Yes thank you.But I see NO servers at all.Like none.so do i just wait till a server pops up? Ive been playing the RTCW wild west and they have about three servers up all the time, same with them you just hop in and people will join you.My problem is i have no servers to join.NONE AT ALL.I was wondering why that is.

DEADMAN
DEADMAN
Pistolero

Postby torhu » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:27 am

Are you using the ingame server browser? Make sure you've set 'Source:' in the upper left corner to 'Internet'. And enable 'view full' and 'view empty', too. You can also set 'Type' to 'All' to begin with. I get eight servers when I use these settings.
In game: =SG=monSter
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:55 pm

and make sure you click "Get New List" too
Pardner
SG Team

Postby DEADMAN » Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:49 pm

:D Why thank ya kindly!!!!! Itsmighty fine ta see such helpfull people here.You people are shure to make the game 100,000,000,000 Times better.
Thanks alot you guys.I love you all.I want you to know that. hehe

DEADMAN
DEADMAN
Pistolero

Postby DEADMAN » Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:58 pm

well folks.It seems that I had previously done all that you had suggested.
And There is still nohin happining.i dont know.The RTCW wild west is working fine.So i recon this one should as well.But Im getting nothing.it says its trying to connect to ONE server but it does it forever with out results.how manyy servers are running usaly?I fear i may never get a chance to play with you guys... :cry: Poop...

DEADMAN
DEADMAN
Pistolero

Postby hika » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:17 pm

I forget where I have post something similar about that usual problem.
Anyway ... by any chance, did you have a personal firewall on your box ?

In that case, you have to check if you have UDP traffic out to monster.idsoftware.com:27950 (192.246.40.56:27950).
It is the main master server where Quake 3 requests to get public dedicated servers.
Dunno if you have a way (or know how) to check it ... but at least, it is the very last thing you can do :D
SG name: Manchot
SG fansite: http://western.bsdmon.com
userbar originally created by Caffeine
hika
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:24 pm

Not to sound like a broken record, but you can see all active servers at http://www.bootblock.de/wq3
I see 9 running at the moment.
If you have to, you can write down the IP address of whatever server you want to connect to. Start wq3 & bring down the console with the ~ key on yer keyboard. Then type in /connect xx.xx.xx.xx:xxxxx & hit enter. Of course, the x's would be the actual IP address & port.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby DEADMAN » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:44 pm

thanks, if i cant get it to work ill just jump back over to RTCW wild west... :cry:
DEADMAN
Pistolero

Postby sig11 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:00 am

One more thing: the in game server can take a couple of minutes or so to completely refresh.

And if you have one of the game launchers installed that are mentioned on bootblock.de/wq3 you should be able to join right from that web page.
In-game name: =SG= Django (yes, it's cliché :-) )
sig11
SG Team

Postby DEADMAN » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:07 am

Aw screw it, i have no idea what im doin or what im lookin for.SCREW IT
not worth the head ache
Adios :|
DEADMAN
Pistolero

Postby hika » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:47 am

DEADMAN wrote:Adios :|

Oh ... don't quit us too fast, please :oops:
I finally manage to find an old topic when someone discussed about this problem :
http://www.westernquake3.net/viewtopic.php?t=802

In this topic, the solution was to put servers on your favorites.
It is worth to try. Believe me ;)
SG name: Manchot
SG fansite: http://western.bsdmon.com
userbar originally created by Caffeine
hika
SG Team

Postby DEADMAN » Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:02 am

How do i put a server into my favorites. Is ee the favorite thingy but i dont know what to do from there i dont want to F it up.Im more than a little computer retarted so youll have to hold my hand, dont worry Its clean.
DEADMAN
Pistolero

Next

Return to Help Forum

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel