With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:03 am

DEADMAN wrote:where do i put this map?

Extract the contens of the zip file to your westernq3 folder.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby DEADMAN » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:12 am

still wont let me in, I have the freakin map, i can play in in single player for god sake.And it says downlad wahtever is dissabled and its not.
So whatever
ive given up.Im sick of trying and getting no where Ill juts play RTCW wild west.thanks for all the help.sorry I waisted your time.i just wanted ta play.... :oops:
DEADMAN
Pistolero

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:20 am

One last try then you can give up!
You have to EXTRACT the files. By that I mean you cannot simply put the fan_maps.zip into the westernq3 folder. You have to use a program like winzip to open it up. If you already did that, then nobody can say we didn't try. :|
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby DEADMAN » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:24 am

i extracted the files, then i copy an pasted them into the place with the other maps, or my room mate did I dont know how to even open the folder with the maps.GAH.i hate being computer retarted some times.I feel helpless.
DEADMAN
Pistolero

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:36 am

If you really want to play, uninstall wq3.
Reinstall & extract the fan_maps.zip to the wq3 folder. You should already have the q3 pointrelease 1.32 installed.
If you still can't get in, I guess you need to get some help at your pc. Thanks for trying. :?
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby DEADMAN » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:49 am

Nope im not going to do all thatjust to MAYBE play a freakin gam.Screw it.its way too fustraiting for me. knowing me un instaling and then staring again, id forget to un install something and id just mess it all up and kill my computer.
i dont even know what folders your talking about.thats how sad my knowlage of computers is hehe.Im still in the stone age.Thanks for the help tho!
Im done
Adios
DEADMAN
Pistolero

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:14 am

Adios.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby DEADMAN » Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:31 am

i cant quit *slaps his own face* How do i extract the file INTO the folder?
how do i even get to the folder?

I WILL DEFEAT THIS DAMNIT
DEADMAN
Pistolero

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:39 am

The folder should be in something like C:\Program Files\Quake III Arena\westernq3
Then you use a program like http://www.winzip.com (trial version is good enough) to unpack the fan_maps.zip to that location. If you're using windows XP you don't need winzip. Just double click the file after you download it & extract to the westernq3 folder I mentioned. Since you have a roomate, I'm guessing you're in school? Get a more knowledgeable friend to help if need be. Sorry you're having trouble, but there's only so much more we can do here. Hopefully, the standalone wq3 will be foolproof once it's released. In other words, everything will install by itself & nobody will have to go through such troubles.
Last edited by ReD NeCKersoN on Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby DEADMAN » Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:41 am

appartment room mate.Sorry im being a bother.thanks for the help
Ill bother you no more
DEADMAN
Pistolero

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:50 am

No worries mate. But it sure does suck that you can't play this game when you obviously want to. We will make sure that windows users have everything they need in one package for the next release. :?
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby DEADMAN » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:12 am

RED your the man, anyone says other wise Ill shoot em.

Thanks for helping me.You ROCK :D

I can now play.finally.

DEADMAN
DEADMAN
Pistolero

OpenArena

Postby jeroen » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:03 am

Playing with OpenArena works just fine, but it uses another master server (dpmaster.deathmask.net) so I had to write down the server ip adresses and /connect or use the 'specify' button. Last week there was a 'FR westernq3' server, but it went down. I could see it in the openarena server list, but not in the server list of the mod.
jeroen
Newcomer

Previous

Return to Help Forum

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel