With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

dont know how to start?

Postby raz26 » Thu May 03, 2007 5:14 am

hi guys,
i am using ubuntu 7.04. i have downloaded the wq3_b22_full.zip and extracted it to desktop. after seraching forums i relized it says to extarct it to quake3 directory. i am new to linux, dont know where the directory is and if quake3 is a sperate game than i dont think i have it. searching my snayptic package manager i saw quake2 installed thats it. how do i go about installing q3 and how can i start playing.

also i have openarena installed which never finds any servers (i dont know if this is relevant to this or no)

if some one can write an easy HOW TO INSTALL that would be great. can any one help me pls
raz26
Newcomer

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu May 03, 2007 3:49 pm

You might try looking at This Topic as a good starting point. Welcome to the forum. :)
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby stoic_ails » Thu May 03, 2007 6:59 pm

Concerning OpenArena which doesn't find a server, I can't give you "the fix" (if there is one), but you might want to try the tool XQF. I'm pretty sure you'll find it through synaptic..

You won't find Quake3Arena in Synaptic though, because it isn't a game for free. You must own it to use it. If you own a cd-version, I can give you a tutorial for installation.
But OpenArena should do it's job at least as good as the official one ;) Never tried it though, too lazy.. :P
stoic_ails
Drifter

Return to Help Forum

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel