With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

unpure client detected and invalid game folder errors

Postby SQUINT » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:34 pm

I have q3 installed and the 1.32 point release map pack and sg installed.I try to join certain servers and i get unpure client detected and invalid game folder errors?What do i need to do so i can join all the servers?
SQUINT
Drifter

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:39 pm

What you have discovered is a new trend in servers for this game. Many servers are using IoQ3 or OpenArena which can produce the errors you are getting. Why are server admins doing it this way? Because IoQ3 & OpenArena are free. You won't be able to connect to the OA servers & only some of the IoQ3 servers, depending on whether or not they use the original pak0.pk3 from a retail q3 disc. With your standard q3 installation you will probably only be able to connect to RAWHIDE, Wasteland II, Deimos & smokinguns.fr. (There are a couple of others but they are passworded.)

The eventual SG stand-alone will take care of problems like this someday. But if you want to be able to join the most servers right now, and don't mind installing more stuff, read the procedures outlined HERE.
Most people seem to prefer the IoQ3 method.
Last edited by ReD NeCKersoN on Fri May 16, 2008 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby SQUINT » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:29 am

k thx for the reply and heads up....i think this should be in a sticky so that others dont do the same thing i did and uninstall the game before they try it....i was pretty close to doing so.I figured if i had a store bought q3 i wouldnt have any problems playing on any server.Seems im better off not using my q3 cd..i think others should be aware of this
SQUINT
Drifter

Return to Help Forum

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel