With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

User Interface 6, expected 3

Postby Zabobula » Fri May 16, 2008 1:49 pm

Can someone explain to me what the hell this means? Western quake doesn't seem to work and this keeps popping up when I want to start it. :cry:

What do I have to do in order to play this? Do I need to move wq3 folder somewhere else? Do I need to update it? (I didn't but it said Interface 4, expected 3)

Does expected 3 mean I need to downgrade or something? HELLLP!!!
Zabobula
Newcomer

Postby Pardner » Fri May 16, 2008 3:56 pm

I think this means that you did not install Q3 PR1.32 correctly. Its actually a Quake issue. Try reinstalling the quake3 patch, and make sure you install it to
*/Quake3
NOT
*/Quake3/baseq3

Good luck, and welcome to the forums!

Pardner
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Fri May 16, 2008 4:08 pm

Hi & welcome. In addition to what Pardner wrote, if you do in fact have the quake 3 point release 1.32 installed correctly it's also possible that the server you tried to connect to is running an older version.

Since you seem to be using a retail q3 installation (instead of IoQ3 or Openarena) there are only 3 or 4 non-passworded servers you will be able to connect to as far as I know. You might want to have a look at this topic for an explanation.

If you continue to experience trouble, don't hesitate to post here again & please provide us with any information that you think might help us determine your problems. :)
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Return to Help Forum

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel