With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

User interface in version 6, expected 3???

Postby sinn » Sat Mar 22, 2003 11:54 am

Howdy,

While I try to start WQ3, I get this message "User interface in version 6, expected 3" - what's this about?

regards
sinn
sinn
Newcomer

Postby Drakhon » Sat Mar 22, 2003 12:48 pm

try downloading the latest quake 3 point release.....you can get it at http://www.idsoftware.com
Drakhon
Iron Claw

Postby sinn » Sat Mar 22, 2003 1:56 pm

Thank you.
sinn
Newcomer

Postby Magnus » Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:18 am

----- CL_Shutdown -----
RE_Shutdown( 1 )
Shutting down OpenGL subsystem
...wglMakeCurrent( NULL, NULL ): success
...deleting GL context: success
...releasing DC: success
...destroying window
...resetting display
...shutting down QGL
...unloading OpenGL DLL
-----------------------
User Interface is version 6, expected 3

I KEEP getting this message, I have the point 132 patch and everything but any time i try to play WQ3 it does this help please
Magnus
Newcomer

Postby digitalbitchslap » Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:10 pm

:evil: i downloaded the mod and got the same error as Sinn did so then i d/l'd the quake point release version 1.32, and got an error that said user interface version 4 expected 3. anymore suggestions please i'd love to play this!
digitalbitchslap
Newcomer

Postby digitalbitchslap » Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:11 pm

it also ruined my working copy of quake3 with add on models and weapons! :evil: :evil: :evil:
digitalbitchslap
Newcomer

Postby Capt. Queeg » Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:29 pm

I'm not associated with the mod but I do know that WQ3 should keep the models etc. entirely seperate from your normal quake stuff. The way mods work, they install in their own directory and don't interface at all with the main program unless you click run with the fs_game parameter specified.

Does that error occur when you are attempting to join a server? It almost sounds like you are running a newer version of Quake than the server has.

I guess, to fix this problem, I'd start you down the normal "unknown Quake-based-game problem" diagnostic path.

So, the first thing you should do is download the latest video drivers from your video card manufacturer. Maybe the interface it is giving the error for is the OpenGL interface. Upgrading your video drivers would resolve that if that's the case....
Capt. Queeg
Drifter

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:38 am

If you downloaded the zip version of wq3 you may have placed the files in the wrong folder. It should go like this:
C:\Program Files\Quake III Arena\westernq3
Misplacing the files can cause problems but doesn't account for the error you are getting. A version conflict always has to do with the point release. Completely uninstall Q3, reinstall it, apply the 1.32 point release, reinstall the mod. Add your custom maps and models last.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Return to Help Forum

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel