With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

GtkRadiant Linux issues (textures)

Postby dolny » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:43 pm

I downloaded GtkRadiant 1.4.0, configured it and loaded the wq_test map by ReD. I have problems with loading textures. Not all of them load, to be honest majority of them doesn't.

I installed Quake 3 into /download/ dir (in the main / dir), so the path is: /download/quake3/ not /home/myname/games/quake3 or something. Quake3 on Linux stores the info in /home/myname/.q3a

I checked the permissions and stuff and still the textures don't load. I gave up on it. Maybe sig11 or someone else could write a little tutorial on mapping (I mean getting GtkRadiant+textures+sounds to work) on Linux? I'm using Linux Ubuntu only (sometimes booting to Windows, but very rarely) so that would motivate me to work on a map + after the standalone release we will have a boost of Linux players in the community (after announcing at happypenguin.org) etc. so that will come in handy.

Thanks for any serious reply.
Proud member of the HorseLovers clan.

Red Neckerson wrote:Oh and don't let dolny annoy you...he's a fanatic!
dolny
Gunslinger

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:47 pm

I wish I could help you but I know squat about Linux. You might be on your own with this one. Check the mapping links in the tutorials section and search some of the forums. You're more likely to find answers there I think. :wink:

Sig11 knows Linux but (afaik) he hasn't fooled with mapping on it.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby sig11 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:44 pm

Correct, I mostly use Linux, but I'm just the complementary to Red, i.e. I know squat about mapping and Radiant ;-)

I may eventually look into mapping etc. but not before the next release is finished.

Just some general suggestions.
The path to WQ3 then should be /download/quake3/westernq3/, right ?
Can you load baseq3 stuff from /download/quake3/baseq3/ ?
Also I think /home/myname/.q3a/westernq3 is not necesarry, is it ?
In-game name: =SG= Django (yes, it's cliché :-) )
sig11
SG Team

Return to Help Forum

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel