With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

Low FPS

Postby Tifa » Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:38 pm

yo guys
i moslty have very bad fps while playing, especially in maps with big places and lot of houses.i tryed 1024*768 and 800*600 but it makes nearly no diffrence.
in normal q3a and urt mod i always have very good fps and no problems..bit weird, eh?! ;)
i heard something about adding some lines in the cfg??
thanks Tifa
oi oi oi =)
Tifa
Drifter

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:48 pm

Start the game and hit the escape key, then options. At the right of the screen under performance change Particles to Few or None and that should help. You could also experiment with the other performance options. Under System/Graphics there are many things you can reduce there as well. Maybe try playing in Vertex mode instead of Lightmap. The game won't be as pretty but it may boost your fps. Hope this helps. :)
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby sig11 » Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:58 pm

Go to "Settings->Game Options". There you will find a number of switches regarding performance. The only settings I turned down are "Particles" and "Dynamic Lights" (but the latter only to fix a problem with my graphics card) and I have a really old/slow PC. The Particles-setting has quite an impact. At one point I think I went through them and checked which ones gave me the best performance but I forgot the results, except what I am using now ;-).... And yes, changing the resolution does not really help a lot. It's more the amount of objects the game has to deal with, and it does not matter much how big/detailed these objects are.

In "Settings->System Settings" you can also turn down some graphics stuff like "Lighting" which on some maps makes a difference (but also check http://www.westernquake3.net/viewtopic.php?t=698 about the lighting settings ;-) ...)

Edit: That happens when you need more than 10 minutes to write an answer :lol:, now you have the info twice ....
In-game name: =SG= Django (yes, it's cliché :-) )
sig11
SG Team

Postby Tifa » Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:11 pm

yo. thanks guys. looks like the Particles and Dynamic Lights were the reasons for the fps. its better now :D

Edit: That happens when you need more than 10 minutes to write an answer , now you have the info twice ....
hyhy
oi oi oi =)
Tifa
Drifter

Return to Help Forum

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel