With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Fri May 19, 2006 2:36 pm

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:Most (if not all) of the wq3 servers do not check for a valid cd key. So, if you can beg, borrow or steal a copy of Q3 you won't need a good cd key to play.

Btw, this is not the server admins way of encouraging piracy. It's just that there are so few players around. I suppose we feel the need to make the servers accessable to all in an attempt to gain players. Ultimately, it's up to the individual gamer to decide the value of their morals. I can see how the quote above casts me in a light of encouraging thievery. I feel guilty for having said that now. :| I used to play with an invalid copy but liked the game so much that I later bought it. Maybe that's where I was coming from subconsciously.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby rev_blueduck » Fri May 19, 2006 4:58 pm

i knew thats was going to stir the pot and get few chains jerked
i own the game played it many times
never mp but i knew single player better then many
when i got my new puter i gave my old games and puter to a buddy that didnt have a puter
so there went my gta, duke nukem,shaddow warrior, doom and quake 3 team area games only there were also like 20 other games fishing, hunting, slots, sims games so i am not a pirate i bought all my games
as stuff gets older u either stay with it or move on to new and bigger things
theres alot of grey area here
if i made a game and sold it and people played it cool
if i made and sold a game that people made mods and stuff off of thats the same as alterin it copyin it and using what i have made with out me recieving a penny why am i not upset
but if i make a game and sell it but someone buys my game then makes 50 copies and gives it to all his friends i sold 1 copy but 51 are now around im upset now
i hope my point wasnt lost in there
do i like this game yes
will i keep playin it probally not little hard to play when ur missing key stuff to play the game
when the standalone comes out will i play this game for sure
will i go and hunt down a quake 3 game just so i can play western quake no i will not

ps. i thought i read they gave out the sorce code for quake 3
not super puter smart but doesnt that pretty much open the game for what ever changes u want to do to the game u have free run changin tweekin and alterin it to how u see fit
quack
quack
rev_blueduck
Pistolero

Postby BITE_ME!! » Wed May 24, 2006 7:21 pm

Hi Duck

Just sent you an email. I will mail you my copy of Q3 so you can load it and all I would ask is you return it.

As for the CD Key I lost mine years ago and have been using a hacked one that works ok for most sites.

:P
BITE_ME!!
Pistolero

Postby Hellrider » Thu May 25, 2006 4:17 am

CD-key : You don't even need one for playing western quake 3. (only for tombstone server sometimes i think...)

see ya oon a server

bang bang
Hellrider
Gunslinger

Postby English Rose » Thu May 25, 2006 5:42 pm

Well, when i'm feeling better i'm gonna get back into the game. I kind of miss shooting you Hellrider. LOL :lol: :wink:
See everyone in game soon i hope 8)
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein
English Rose
Drifter

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu May 25, 2006 6:11 pm

Cool. Give me a shout Rose if you want to test out the new beta stuff when you return. 8)
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby English Rose » Thu May 25, 2006 8:14 pm

I sent you a pm, not sure if i actually sent it or i screwed up. LOL

But, yeah, i'd love to test out the beta maps.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein
English Rose
Drifter

Postby rev_blueduck » Fri May 26, 2006 12:22 am

hey rose hope u feel better soon
better watch out guys she a crack shot
quack
quack
rev_blueduck
Pistolero

Postby English Rose » Fri May 26, 2006 11:26 am

Hey Duck, nice to see you here.
I'm not as good a crack shot with the sniper rifle in this game as i am in rtcw wildwest. So you can relax a little bit. LOL
:lol:
English Rose
Drifter

Previous

Return to Help Forum

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel