With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

Problem with "Nonamecity"

Postby Tifa » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:01 pm

Hi guys. Well, I copyed the wq_nonamecity.pk3 in my westernq3 folder. I tryed to connect to a server(kowboj) but the system is trying to autodownload the map. The autodownload of this server is turned off and so i get back to the menu.
p.s. : long time ago the autodownlaod was turned on and I downloaded maybe 5% of this map but I canceled. After that i deleted the wq_nonamecity.pk3.tmp and insert the map which I get from this forum sites.
Dont know what to do now :7

Thanks.
oi oi oi =)
Tifa
Drifter

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:08 pm

Pardner released a new version of his map a few days ago. The server you are trying to connect to probably still has the old version on it. That's why your game is trying to download it again.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Tifa » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:14 pm

Harrr. Great. Lovely server. So I have to wait :(
oi oi oi =)
Tifa
Drifter

Postby Pardner » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:49 pm

if you set "/cl_allowdownload 0" you should be able to join the server. Sorry about the map mismatch; the first version was too dark to be playable.

EDIT: do you have the newest one? I released it Friday (9/15/06). might be you have the old one and the server might have the new.

Pardner
SG Team

Postby Hellrider » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:05 pm

No, the Kowboj server still has got the old version of your map.
Hellrider
Gunslinger

Postby Tifa » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:29 pm

Ahh. With the "/cl_allowdownload 0" the server works. Thanks.
oi oi oi =)
Tifa
Drifter

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:38 pm

The Kowboj server has many other files that you don't have access to Tifa. The Polish community is doing some independant testing for wq3 there. Even if you had the same version of Pardner's map, it's still unlikely you would be able to play there. I'll run a server for this map from my spare pc starting tonight. It'll be laggy for europeans, but at least some players can try the map against each other. I'll post the server info here once it's running.

EDIT: I guess anyone that autodownloads from that server is a tester now. :roll: I'll have to contact the server admin about this.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby hika » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:40 pm

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:EDIT: I guess anyone that autodownloads from that server is a tester now. :roll: I'll have to contact the server admin about this.

I have contact Antoszka about autodownloads, because, one day, it surprised me that the new coyotebluff was there and many people cannot join immediately because of the autodownload.
(You surely remember this day :roll:)
Since not all players are testers, that's why autodownload is off now on Kowboj.
SG name: Manchot
SG fansite: http://western.bsdmon.com
userbar originally created by Caffeine
hika
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:23 pm

Thanks. I was also able to contact him earlier today. All is good again.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Return to Help Forum

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel