With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

dsl

Postby ChainLightnin' » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:34 pm

Hi Guys,
Well, I finally got DSL so I could play without sticking in one place while everybody shot me, and so I wouldn't hold up the game. But now I have no servers on the list anymore!!! There is one, but it says I don't have the password. All the rest of those great ones are gone. Anybodey know what happened or what I need to do?? Thanks,
Chainlightnin'
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby torhu » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:18 pm

I see you're playing on Rawhide right now, so I guess you got it sorted out. You can always check the server list here:

http://www.bootblock.de/wq3/

Just copy the IP address from that page, start the game, open the console, type '/connect ', press ctrl+V to paste the address, and press Enter.

Or get the All-Seeing Eye, or my wonderful Monster Browser at http://monsterbrowser.googlepages.com
In game: =SG=monSter
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:55 pm

Great to hear you upgraded your internet! Beta 2.1 has a little trouble finding the servers. This is corrected in Beta 2.2 which we hope to release very soon after we resolve our website issues. Untill then, follow Torhu's advice. :)
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Thanks

Postby ChainLightnin' » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:27 am

Thanks, Guys,
Yah, I just typed in the Rawhide ip and it worked great, so I can do as you suggested and be up and runnin'. The automatic list in the game console worked with dial-up, but I couldn't play!! Anyway Thanks!
Chainlightnin'
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby Pardner » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:51 am

Hi ya ChainLightnin', its good to see a new face on the servers.

Pardner
SG Team

Howdy

Postby ChainLightnin' » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:06 am

Howdy and thanks Pardner,
I got a taste of your shootin' expertise already! I'm not sure I'll ever get to that level, but it's a lot of fun anyway!
Chainlightnin'
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby sig11 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:37 pm

It could be that your dsl mode/route/"network gear" looses the necesary connection. Make sure it allows your PC to connect to port 27950 on master3.idsoftware.com. I think that shoulkd be all - and normally this works automatically.
In-game name: =SG= Django (yes, it's cliché :-) )
sig11
SG Team

list

Postby ChainLightnin' » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:59 am

Thanks, I'm sure you're right. Even the "monster" does the same thing as the in-game list, so it's like I'm not connecting to the right place. Now, if I can just figure out how to do what you said!
Thanks,
Chainlightnin'
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:17 am

Do you use a router in your household? Or do you only have a dsl modem? If you have a router, post the make & model # and we'll try to find some info for you. Naturally, you can probably find what you need to know at the manufacturers website. But we like to help folks who want to play WQ3. :wink:
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

servers

Postby ChainLightnin' » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:05 am

Thanks, I tried the Linksys people, rather than bother you good people. They had me "trigger" in 27950 in the linksys setup, but it didn't seem to make any difference. I don't get it. Only Jupiter arena and wq3 team deathmatch come up with either the game or monster's lister. Not a big problem, but seems like DSL would be even better??? :|
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:35 am

Hmmm, I also have a Linksys router but I don't have to do anything with it to get the server list with MonsterBrowser. Triggering ports through your router should really be unneccesary. Perhaps you also have a software firewall that might be blocking communication with regards to the WQ3 server list? I'm grasping at straws here I know. I have no problem getting the list with MonsterBrowser, though the WQ3 beta 2.1 in game browser struggles to get the entire list. :? Not sure what else to reccomend for your problem. But at least you can connect by typing in the IP addresses manually for now. Sorry you're having trouble. :(
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

servers

Postby ChainLightnin' » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:20 am

OK, based on what you just said Red, I loaded my old dial-up internet and went to the game server page and it immediately loaded 12 good servers from 1658. Dsl sloowly loads 2 from 1344 scanned. So my dsl is firewalling them out or something, I reckon. I'll figure it out eventually. Sure appreciate your help. You guys are great. Oh, can you use an xbox360 controller with wq3? And..., one day I mysteriously saw 2 hombres in beautiful Mexican outfits in red and yellow with bandeleros and the works! How did they do that?? Not punkbuster approved?? Sure was cool!
Chainlightnin'
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Re: servers

Postby sig11 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:15 pm

ChainLightnin' wrote:OK, based on what you just said Red, I loaded my old dial-up internet and went to the game server page and it immediately loaded 12 good servers from 1658. Dsl sloowly loads 2 from 1344 scanned. So my dsl is firewalling them out or something, I reckon. I'll figure it out eventually. Sure appreciate your help. You guys are great.

You can also try to contact your ISP and ask them if something is going on. Technically, what's going on: the game asks the master server for the list, and then the game asks every game server out there for an update. Simultaniously. Your ISP (or your DSL gear) may throttle this network activity spike.

Oh, can you use an xbox360 controller with wq3?

Try it :-) ... but if the game can't talk to the controller like to either a mouse or a joystick, it won't work

And..., one day I mysteriously saw 2 hombres in beautiful Mexican outfits in red and yellow with bandeleros and the works! How did they do that?? Not punkbuster approved?? Sure was cool!
Chainlightnin'

Well, you can chose your model. From the main menu, chose "Settings" (In the top right), then "Player" and find the Mexican.
In-game name: =SG= Django (yes, it's cliché :-) )
sig11
SG Team

hombres

Postby ChainLightnin' » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:31 am

Thanks for the info sig11,
Those hombres I saw looked like custom skins. 8O Or can you change the colors of the standard characters?
Thanks,
Chain
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:28 am

You can only see custom skins if you also have them installed on your computer. :wink: Are you sure it wasn't The Mexican model? He has some pretty flashy clothes.

Another thing I thought of for you to check. Make sure your connection type in WQ3 is set up correctly for your bandwidth.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Next

Return to Help Forum

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel