With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

Game Lunchers

Postby ChainLightnin' » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:25 am

Howdy,
The answer may be something everybody's suposed to know, but my in-game server screen doesn't list any servers now, and the monster only lists 2. I don't know why. I don't think my DSL modem is blocking them. So I'm thinking to streamline things, I can use one of the game launchers at the bootblock site and launch from there.? Which launcher? Do they put spyware on your rig. And, who do you gotta be to get into like Screechin' Varmint, that requires a password? Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!
Chain
Well...Mr. Chain Blue Lightnin' hisself..heh, heh!
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:15 am

Have you tried "Get new list" in the options? Could take a few minutes but let it run. I also have trouble in the gui server list but MonsterBrowser performs very well for me.
The only game launcher I've tried is Xfire. Works well for me & a few other wq3'ers. Being able to show your status in a signature is nifty too. No spyware that I know of, but the frequent auto updates can be annoying.
On the forum, ol' Varmit is known as ScreechingWeasel. If a pm or email aren't answered, I can give him a message for you.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Launchers

Postby ChainLightnin' » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:02 am

Thanks for all the good info, Red. Yah, even the new list never shows anything for some reason now. Don't know why. But I'll try that launcher. I wouldn't want to butt in on Varmit's server if it's private. I was just wondering how that worked. Thanks again! :)
Chain
Well...Mr. Chain Blue Lightnin' hisself..heh, heh!
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby sig11 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:05 pm

That may sound silly, but did you check "Show empty servers" and similar options ?

As far as the launchers on bootblock go, I simply listed all launchers that can hook into your browser and make the game launch when you click on special links. I tested them very very briefly, since I normally don't run Windows. So, I can't really comment on them.
In-game name: =SG= Django (yes, it's cliché :-) )
sig11
SG Team

Return to Help Forum

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel