With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Pre SG 1.0 archive

Hits and misses

Postby DeUgli » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:14 am

I don't know if this is an SA issue, but since I was running SA, I am posting here.

Anyway, I was playing on RAWHIDE with Dadamungo, Floid and Chainsaw, and I noticed that I was getting kills better from far away, even with the lowly default Remington pistol, and I was having a very hard time getting kills close up, even with the Peacemaker. I commented online that it seemed almost random, and Dadamungo said it seemed that way to him also. (Don't want to put words in your mouth, Dad, but I remember you agreed in a general way.)

I'm no sharpshooter, as you know, so if I was getting kills with one or two shots from 'way down the street, it is surprising.
DeUgli
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Pardner » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:24 pm

I find that it is easier to get kills from far away to...I just figured it was from lag. It seems that my ping goes up when ever i get near another player. (which is a good way to tell if someone is in the same building as you :) )
Pardner
SG Team

ping

Postby ChainLightnin' » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:34 pm

Maybe that would account for why my guy sometimes gets "buck fever" when face to face with one of these big pistol fighters! (and a 256k dsl).
Well...Mr. Chain Blue Lightnin' hisself..heh, heh!
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby Dadamungo » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:28 pm

I was exceptionally lucky that night.
It does seem random sometimes. As for the far away kills, I think that I have to shoot much more from far away to get a kill. But, I get shot back much less, which could be that it takes longer for the person to locate you and then return fire (takes me a bit).
Dadamungo
Shootist

Return to Stand-alone Testing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel