With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Pre SG 1.0 archive

F10 key = exit ?

Postby Dexx » Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:59 am

I didn't test the stand alone for a long time, just a few seconds the check some stuff. Don't know why, the F10 key quits the game, if I saw well it wasn't assigned in the default options (which I didn't change).

By the way, would you be interested by changing the way you assing default keys ? I remember that people who kept the default keys in the game called Outlaws (which seems to have inspired the guy who created WQ3's Dry Gulch which looks like Outlaws' Sanctuary singleplayer map, level 2, just like The WQ3's Farm looks like Desperados' Marshall jackson's Hacienda hum hehe) anyway, i remember that people where always loosing because they didn't change the key's assignement. Shall I test some new key settings to help you, or don't you wanna change them ? maybe it has already been proposed ?

Or maybe you simply want people to assign their own keys, that's a part of the game and those who changed them deserves their advantage... just like a Formula 1 race or a Nutella tartine. (strange comparisons, don't worry, i'm french)

I'll try to test the stand alone a little deeper in the next days.
searching for a poncho...
Dexx
Pistolero

Postby Dexx » Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:01 am

oh i think i made a language mistake, by "i didn't test it for a long time" i meant that i only did it a few seconds, i didn't mean that i tested it a long time ago... oh french ppl don't speak english very well. Especially Alsatian ones :D
searching for a poncho...
Dexx
Pistolero

Postby hika » Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:13 pm

Oh, I hope I won't be part of the french people you are talking about :lol:
Anyway, I do have checked the F10 key and yes, I see the "crash". I'm amazed that nobody (and I) have not found it earlier.

I have done further tests, from yours.
In IoQ3 with westernq3, the crash exists. In Vanilla IoQ3, no crash.
In Original Quake 3 engine, same results as IoQ3.
So I can conclude it is a bug in westernq3 mod. I will add it in the bug database
(See the links in the bottom left of the Western Quake 3 homepage).

... and be sure that I will fix it :D
Thanks for your report !
SG name: Manchot
SG fansite: http://western.bsdmon.com
userbar originally created by Caffeine
hika
SG Team

Postby sig11 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:17 pm

Errr .... from my westernq3/q3config

Code: Select all
bind F10 "quit"

Please double check the various config files your game loads. This, however, originates from spoon.cfg which is inside wq3_pak0.pk3
In-game name: =SG= Django (yes, it's cliché :-) )
sig11
SG Team

Postby hika » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:22 pm

Well, I found the following line in the q3config.cfg, provided in the wq3 package.
Code: Select all
bind F10 "quit"

So, this is not a bug, and that special wq3 bind key seems to be introduced intentionally.
Remove it if it annoys you, and you will be fine ;)
SG name: Manchot
SG fansite: http://western.bsdmon.com
userbar originally created by Caffeine
hika
SG Team

Return to Stand-alone Testing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel