With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Pre SG 1.0 archive

br_train

Postby Fred187 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:06 pm

Just a small bug; when a player fall off the train, he still moves along the ground beside it. Bot pathfinding could also be slightly touched up so that they don't get stuck running into eachother, but other than that, great!
Fred187
Drifter

Re: br_train

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:15 pm

Fred187 wrote:Just a small bug; when a player fall off the train, he still moves along the ground beside it.

Yes, but I'm afraid there's nothing we can do about that. The train & everything in it doesn't actually move. Neither does the ground texture. It's simply a scrolling image that's achieved with a shader command. So when a player falls off his body doesn't move.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Fred187 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:02 pm

Yeah, I thought it'd be something like that. It's not really a big issue anyway. One other thing I was wondering; is there any way you could have projected shadows underneath players instead of blobs? I've seen it a couple of times on the Q3 engine, but Padman and Urban Terror both had blobs too, so is there an issue with shadows?
Fred187
Drifter

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:07 pm

Yes, we've tested the type of shadows you suggest but they don't work correctly in wq3. For now, we've disabled it for the next release since turning the feature on is an exploit. Since it's broken you can see other players positions where you shouldn't be able to. Maybe it can be fixed one day.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby hika » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:36 pm

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:Yes, we've tested the type of shadows you suggest but they don't work correctly in wq3.

Yes, like what Red said, I can add that this is actually a Q3 engine bug.
See this topic there as Chilli let us know about that. This exploit can be used on a game like Urban Terror ... :|
.. and like what Red said (again), it is disabled in WQ3 until it is solved in the Q3 engine (and possibly the standalone wQ3 engine).
SG name: Manchot
SG fansite: http://western.bsdmon.com
userbar originally created by Caffeine
hika
SG Team

Postby Clintstone » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:55 pm

Another thing with train: It's impossible (now - let's not talk about "sense" :wink: ) to position a beloved gatlin onto the train station. When trying to do so, the player moves with the station. Without gatlin, the player himself stays where he lands... That's the same thing, isn't it? Great idea with the station, by the way! :D
Clintstone
Quick Draw

Postby Clintstone » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:57 pm

...ah, it has to be the same thing! Try dropping your weapon when standing on the train station an watch it slipping away... Looks funny :P
Clintstone
Quick Draw

Postby Joe Kari » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:48 pm

Hi !

Just a little suggestion for train (Deathmatch), for the SA, could it be possible to remove all respawn point that are on roofs ?
It's quite boring when someone mount a gatling on a roof, and respawn-kill everyone...
Joe Kari
SG Team

Return to Stand-alone Testing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel