With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Pre SG 1.0 archive

Awaiting Snapshot...

Postby Clintstone » Sun May 20, 2007 6:36 pm

Hi folks,

just was into some testing Dawnfort on Wasteland with Bud Spencer [GER], when some of you regulars joined for a final two minutes of playing (Red, Manchot, Dadamungo...). Afterwards, the map reloaded and my game got stuck at "Awaiting Snapshot". No chance of getting back in. There were four of you playing, MonsterBrowser showed 4+0/20 slots. Any ideas? I tried it with my server - works without any problems. Bad luck I missed the opportunity having a shootout with you guys today!

Anyway: If you would like to play on my server, feel free to test it, password is "Cl1nts", like "UpperCase-C, LowerCase-L, One, nts". Location is Germany, so maybe ping times are better for european desperados.

Cheers,
Clintstone[+]
Clintstone
Quick Draw

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun May 20, 2007 7:03 pm

After the last round, we all experienced the same problem. Something wrong with the server I guess. So it wasn't just you. :wink:
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Clintstone » Sun May 20, 2007 10:06 pm

Ah, ok. Strange, that. But thanks for the information!
Clintstone
Quick Draw

Postby hika » Sun May 20, 2007 10:12 pm

I can confirm that strange behaviour.
Just one round before, the map load 3 times, successively.
Anyway, I don't know why it happens ... I have to force a map change via a SIGHUP signal ... (note that it is a Q3 engine custom feature ;)), to bring the server back to normal.
SG name: Manchot
SG fansite: http://western.bsdmon.com
userbar originally created by Caffeine
hika
SG Team

Return to Stand-alone Testing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel