With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Pre SG 1.0 archive

[BUG] Players get kicked if an unpure client tries to connec

Postby DeUgli » Mon May 21, 2007 5:11 am

Well, the original forum for this bug is now locked, so I couldn't post to it. Please excuse my starting a new topic.

Anyway, the same unpure client bug happened to me today during TRAIN, when I was playing with several other folks. First, I was kind of dead/alive. I couldn't move but I could see everyone running by me. I logged out and then twice got the "unpure client" message before successfully logging back in through Monster Browser.

Just thought I'd let you know the bug is still alive.
DeUgli
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby sig11 » Wed May 23, 2007 10:35 pm

Did the other players get kicked when you got the unpure client message?

Was it on one of our servers, so that we could check our log files? (there may not be much in there, but who knows).
In-game name: =SG= Django (yes, it's cliché :-) )
sig11
SG Team

unpure client

Postby ChainLightnin' » Thu May 24, 2007 5:29 am

I did notice the unpure client and someone was kicked text flash on the screen a couple times during that game, but I never got kicked. Then DeUgli mentioned he was stuck. It was either Somewhere in the West, or Rawhide, I think.
Well...Mr. Chain Blue Lightnin' hisself..heh, heh!
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby hika » Thu May 24, 2007 9:50 pm

I remember Red was kicked by "unpure client" message, during our last test session in wq_dawnfort.
It was 2 times before he successfully connected to the Wasteland Testing server.
Now, I think he will say if he messed up his westernq3 folder or if the problem really occurred.

However, I don't think the log file will really be a help ...
SG name: Manchot
SG fansite: http://western.bsdmon.com
userbar originally created by Caffeine
hika
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Fri May 25, 2007 12:26 am

hika wrote:I remember Red was kicked by "unpure client" message, during our last test session in wq_dawnfort.
It was 2 times before he successfully connected to the Wasteland Testing server.

I was trying to connect with MonsterBrowser, which points to my regular mod installation. Took two tries for me to realize I needed to connect with the SA. :roll: :lol:
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Re: unpure client

Postby DeUgli » Sat May 26, 2007 5:24 am

ChainLightnin' wrote:I did notice the unpure client and someone was kicked text flash on the screen a couple times during that game, but I never got kicked. Then DeUgli mentioned he was stuck. It was either Somewhere in the West, or Rawhide, I think.

I believe it was Rawhide.
DeUgli
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Joe Kari » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:19 pm

I've got this error message sometime too... Sometime, when a bug force me to return to the main menu, every time I try to re-join, I get an "unpure client" error...
I must quit wq3/smokin' guns and run it again.
Joe Kari
SG Team

Return to Stand-alone Testing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel