With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Pre SG 1.0 archive

Rag-dolls

Postby Fred187 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:41 pm

From what I understand, they are very difficult to implement into Quake, but I was just wondering if they are a possibilty for WQ in the future?
Fred187
Drifter

Postby EvilFutsin » Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:49 pm

I apologize if my speaking so outright at this moment is beyond my current "status" as the film guy, but I doubt ragdolls are ever happening in Western Quake FOR SURE at some point. It kind of depends on what happens when it goes 100% open source, since the standalone is the big benchmark to hit right now and after that the future is kind of uncertain.

Much as I like ragdolls, I also personally enjoy Western Q's...erh, excuse me, Smoking Guns' animations. ;) For HL2 and the like, sure, fine, great, lovin' it there. But Quake 3 and death animations are like pie and meat. Doesn't need to go together, doesn't even always go together right, but damn is it tasty. :D
"I Gotta Believe!"
EvilFutsin
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:31 pm

Like Futsin said, anything is possible once the source is released. But our primary goal is to finish with the stand alone at this time. :wink:
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Fred187 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:54 pm

Yeah, it shouldn't really be a priority, but it's nice to know that it's a possibility. As for death anims vs. ragdolls, maybe you could make it user defined? Aren't most ragdoll effects client-side?
Fred187
Drifter

Return to Stand-alone Testing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel