With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Pre SG 1.0 archive

Postby Breli » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:56 am

FWIW: I am with Chainsaw here. I use to play quite a bit of BR and gunned down my fellow teammates on more than one occasion ... it is, and should be, part of the game. Being able to force teammodels is a fine thing, though.

As for the development: well I guess we just have to see what happens. This mod needs much more than a little polishing if we want to keep it alive ...
SG name: =SG= BRELI

Harmonica: Did you bring a horse?
Gunmen: Looks like we are short on one horse!
Harmonica: No. You brought two too many.
Breli
SG Team

the mod

Postby ChainLightnin' » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:47 pm

For what it's worth, I was getting the impression that a bunch of good things have been happening for some time, due to the good work of the main team and helpers. And as DeUgli mentioned, there have been big shootouts amost every night. The pros have got people learning to make maps, skins and new talent is offering their services. I'll bet nobody is getting paid what the Halo crew makes. Again, with all this apparent enthusiasm, as has been said several times, once the SA is released, which frees the mod up for more input, I was thinking we'd see a bunch more fun additions, characters, maps, contributors......and players, rather than the end of the mod.
ChainLightnin' :)
Well...Mr. Chain Blue Lightnin' hisself..heh, heh!
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:49 pm

Chainsaw wrote:Whoa! I don't like the implications of that statement.

Sorry if I mislead anyone. As I've mentioned in threads past, I will step down from a leadership position when the SA & source are released. I won't disappear from this place, I just want to have fun afterwards without worries of responsibility or politics. I think I've earned a permanent vacation! 8O

@ ChainLightnin': Most people here, including me, feel the same way. :wink:
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby DeUgli » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:17 pm

I take off my Stetson to Red and the crew, who picked up from the original dev team, and made this a labor of love. Long live Smokin' Guns :!:
DeUgli
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Pardner » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:20 am

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:I'm happy to see so much feeling in this debate. It means people love the game, & it makes me proud to know I will have been a part of its past. However, after careful consideration, I think it's best we not add to the dev teams load. We should try to finish the things we really need to do now, & worry about additional improvements once the source is released. Stuff like this just pushes back the SA. I hope you all understand. But please, feel free to continue discussion here for future reference. 8)

I totally understand that everytime something new gets implemented the SA gets pushed back. BUT this was a problem we talked about in the past and this might be the last release from the SG team. I just wanted to make everybody re-aware of it. :wink:

So i guess its a call out to the coders (hika) to see if they have time for another fix.

Pardner
SG Team

Previous

Return to Stand-alone Testing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel