With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Pre SG 1.0 archive

Bug Report...

Postby Clintstone » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:25 pm

Hi everybody,

good work! :D Really cool, I *like* the modified maps - really, really good! However, I have two mentionable things:
* Models seem to appear wrong...
* The game lags a little bit
It seems as if other (network) players don't move as smooth as they did playing the old version. For me, in first person view, the movement seems smooth. For others, it's jerking. I can say the same about the players I see during gameplay.
* Last for now - and just to mention it: I don't get the linux server running - same segmentation fault. Whatever - I'll wait until hika has some news :)

All the best,

Clintstone
Clintstone
Quick Draw

Postby Joe Kari » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:37 pm

Hi !
For the wrong model/skin, just hit <TAB> key, and the good model/skin will be load.
Or just die, they will be load too ;)

The game don't load unused model/skin, so when a player enter the game with one that is still not present on the server, it choose another random one to prevent some client lag : the client game freeze half a second while loading, this would be boring if it did this in a midle of a fight !
Joe Kari
SG Team

Postby Clintstone » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:13 pm

Hi Joe Kari,

thanks for the info... That's the reason...!

And sorry to all for opening a new thread! It wasn't my intention! ...and I wondered, why I was asked for a subject... :oops: OK. Red, can you close this? Sorry for that.

Cheers,

Clintstone
Clintstone
Quick Draw

Re: Bug Report...

Postby Pardner » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:59 pm

Clintstone wrote:* The game lags a little bit
It seems as if other (network) players don't move as smooth as they did playing the old version. For me, in first person view, the movement seems smooth. For others, it's jerking. I can say the same about the players I see during gameplay.

I noticed this too. I am on a very large shared network (state university) so I just dismissed it due to insufficient bandwidth. But after further testing, it does the same thing while playing single player. I am not getting a FPS hit, and it seems to come in very regular intervals. I am going to keep testing this, but has anyone else encountered this?

Pardner
SG Team

Return to Stand-alone Testing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel