With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Game server information & questions.

Moderators: Joe Kari, Pardner, TheDoctor

Postby Tequila » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:56 am

Pyrite wrote:Téquila, as requested I have set the first master server to the IP you gave. Let me know when I can change it back again!

Sorry to be so long...
Then I received the hearbeats from your server so your network should be ok. I also check the response from your server to a infoRepsonse request with qstat (master servers are doing the same) and nothing seems wrong. I checked directly the raw packet to be sure.

So the only thing I can imagine is that the master server just ignores your dedicated server... :x
weird :|
Tequila
SG Team

Postby Pyrite » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:19 pm

How annoying! I spent some more time with the server, using different configs, running as different users, setting things back to default, none of it worked. It seems some other people have had similar problems with quake 3 based games, but no clear solutions! Guess I'll have to give up...
Pyrite
Pistolero

Postby Joe Kari » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:52 pm

The 'nextmap' bug that break map-cycle is now fixed on rev130.
Sorry Tequila, but fixing it need to modify the file code/server/sv_init.c in the engine part (but I have use SMOKINGUNS define so you can spot it easily, it's at line 400). I didn't want to modify the engine before the ioq3 backport, but no choice...
For your information, engine change "nextmap" to "map_restart 0" every time a new map is starting, so in server.cfg, we got a "/map" command throwed before a "/set nextmap", but sometime, it appears that the "/set nextmap" command is throwed before the server effectively restart with the new map...
If you want to fix this bug before the next release, open your server.cfg and add a /wait command (100 should be enough) between the "/map" and the "/set nextmap", it will probably fix it.
Joe Kari
SG Team

Postby Tequila » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:39 am

Hi Joe,

don't worry for the ioQ3 backport, I'm following your changes and I will report them on the backport.

Btw, that's a very good job
Thanks ;)
Tequila
SG Team

Postby sparcdr » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:35 pm

I fixed the DNS for smokin-guns.org and re-added update and authorize. I will need contributions to pay for domain renewal when it comes 13, Dec 2009. If you guys don't have e-mail working yet, I have e-mail supported on the org domain via Google apps, but it's mainly for administrative reasons at the moment.
sparcdr
SG Team

Postby Pyrite » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:32 pm

Howdy all, I haven't been finding much time for gaming lately but hopefully that'll change soon ;) It's good to see things are active here, I'm still very appreciative of the effort you all go to even if I haven't been finding much time for SG lately :(

In relation to my previous posts in this thread, my server, Las Cruces Jail, has a new IP address (62.31.139.35) and now seems to be visible in the in game browser, which is nice! The connection it's on has been upgraded too so I've upped the max number of players, hopefully it will see some more use over the coming months. Now to see if I can figure out how to upgrade to a more recent release!

Also, before I forget, I made a few notes about SG at http://quake3.kitserve.org.uk/. They've been there a while but the page was recently made prettier, I hope they'll be useful to some people. When I figure out how to upgrade the SG version I will try to find time to put together a Linux server setup howto on there too. If anyone has any comments or suggestions I would be glad to hear them...
Pyrite
Pistolero

Previous

Return to Telegraph Station

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel