With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Game server information & questions.

Moderators: Joe Kari, Pardner, TheDoctor

Multiplayer Game Browser

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:22 pm

Seems some folks have trouble getting the servers to show up in their multiplayer list. Here's a useful tool that you can use to see what servers are running, who's playing on them, and to launch/connect Smokin' Guns to the server of your choice. (Monster Browser only supports Windows.)

http://monsterbrowser.googlepages.com/

After you install Monster Browser, you'll need to add the following to the mods.ini file where X = whatever hard drive letter you installed to:
Code: Select all
[smokinguns]
exePath=X:\Program Files\Smokin' Guns\smokinguns.exe

Image Image
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby astsmtl » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:02 am

astsmtl
Newcomer

Postby Breli » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:41 am

thats a neat site 8) thx for posting this!
SG name: =SG= BRELI

Harmonica: Did you bring a horse?
Gunmen: Looks like we are short on one horse!
Harmonica: No. You brought two too many.
Breli
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:03 am

astsmtl wrote:Found an online game server browser.

Man that's cool! :D
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Jano55 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:54 pm

I want play across internet. I install monster browser and change the file for supporting smokin guns. But that fucked piece of code (monster browser) dont want find any server alltime. On links in this webpage i see many active servers.

I WANNA PLAY ON INTERNEEEEET ! :x
Jano55
Drifter

Postby DeUgli » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:48 pm

Jano55 wrote:. But that fucked piece of code (monster browser) dont want find any server alltime. On links in this webpage i see many active servers.
You can always add the server ip to Monster Browser manually under "specify", then save it to the list. It does require a bit of patience some times to get things set up properly. :)
Irgendeiner wartet immer.
DeUgli
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Jano55 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:32 pm

But my patience is on end.
I copy the IP adress to Specify. I see a active server. I click to join and than I can wait for death. It count and I wait, wait, wait....
I dont have software firewall on my PC (i disable it). I play in windows XP with SP3. With friend we play on LAN and all is OK. Have somebody any idea for this ??? :?: :?:
Jano55
Drifter

Postby Pardner » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:26 am

Do you have a hardware firewall on your router? Are you on a shared network like a college? Do you see any servers using the in game browser. I would hardly blame monster browser. The links on this web page are not run from your computer, therefore they don't have the same issues as found on your network. I use monster browser with no trouble at all.

Jano55 wrote:I install monster browser and change the file for supporting smokin guns

Seems you are using the old version of the program, try using the new one and see if you get better results.
viewtopic.php?t=823&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Pardner
SG Team

Postby Tequila » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:27 am

Jano55 wrote:But my patience is on end.
... With friend we play on LAN and all is OK. Have somebody any idea for this ??? :?: :?:

Just be patient, you should be a fine fine trigger ;) ... but online, patient players will always be better than you :D

Btw, does your friend can join online games from the same network than you ? If yes, what is the difference between his computer and yours ?
Tequila
SG Team

Postby Dadamungo » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:43 pm

I've always had the same problem with the in game browser and monster browser. Neither return the full list of servers for me. I have no doubt it has something to do with my ISP but it's been this way for a long long time. So, I used to always look on bootblock and if my game didn't show it, I would put in the IP manually.

http://smokinguns.beer-garden.org/
Dadamungo
Shootist

Postby Jano55 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:14 pm

Hi !
Today, I dont do anything, I start monster browser, I see that servers what I put yesterday, I click on server, game get run, I click to my firewall to ok, and all runing. I dont do something on PC, firewall, or game and they going..wtf :?: :idea: :arrow:

Big Mystery :D
Jano55
Drifter

Postby moRtem » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:44 pm

another online server-browser:
Q3MON

/quit
moRtem
Gunslinger

Postby hellraiser » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:01 pm

I've read about the Monster browser..but it seems it's avaiable only for windows... :(

will it ever be one day also for linux? and if no, someone may give a hint about some other server browser for linux

Thanx :lol:
hellraiser
Quick Draw

Postby Biondo » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:12 pm

Biondo
SG Website Designer

Return to Telegraph Station

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel