With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Game server information & questions.

Moderators: Joe Kari, Pardner, TheDoctor

server hacked? or some kind of exploit?

Postby tryhard » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:06 pm

I just visited the jeuxlinux Server and something strange occured.

i asked the player how he did it but he did not reply so i left the server and chilli left also i think.
I only experienced this on a ut2004 server running the mod killingfloor and the admins said the server got hacked. It was legendary Geisterbahn Server.
tryhard
Drifter

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:12 pm

Look at the pings. You're probably dealing with several players who are working together to cause trouble. Does the admin for that server ever play there? If not, he should allow some trusted players to police the server with rcon.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Tequila » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:35 pm

Yep, and the strange things is that they changed their team name...

It seems call vote on changing the name of a team is possible... Just see what I found on my server log:
broadcast: print "Killer_Guntha called a vote.\n"
broadcast: print "Vote passed.\n"
broadcast: print "Server: g_blueteamname changed to The Sprengmeisters\n"

They should use some commands on their console to do that... but I still don't know which ones but I image a little... I think we will have to implement a feature to reset the the server values that can be changed like that.
Tequila
SG Team

Postby Joe Kari » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:48 pm

I think we should simply disable voting for team-name.
Joe Kari
SG Team

Postby MisterX » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:39 am

At least I remember that this was already possible in WQ³ and I've already seen one of the team name's changed on that server.

And I agree, there should really be some admins on that server, after all it is the most popular one, at least for us Europeans. Does anybody know who owns that server?
MisterX
Pistolero

Postby Tequila » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:43 am

callvote on team name is now removed in trunk (r110), next release will forbidden that.
Tequila
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:16 am

MisterX wrote:Does anybody know who owns that server?

lululaglue AT jeuxlinux.fr
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby tryhard » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:01 am

I just found some screenshots on a clanpage that was mentioned in the wop forum:
http://swdclan.sw.funpic.de/ilch/index.php?gallery-3
tryhard
Drifter

Postby Lucky Bro » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:43 pm

Joe Kari wrote:I think we should simply disable voting for team-name.

Actually I think with such voting allowed you may do a good thing during clan wars. Since you just bind each team the proper name. It looks very nice.
But now you have to be an admin on server to do such a trick.
I think in case with Jeux the better decision was to turn off the voting on the server instead of restricting the voting on team name in the source code.
Or add some variable to control voting. But not cutting off the possibility. Eventually the normal players will suffer. Those jerks from Jeux are not playing now, but the code is used everywhere.
"You should know that the lies won't hide your flaws/No sense in hiding all of yours/You gave up on your dreams along the way" (c) "Fake it" by Seether
P.S. English isn't my native language.
Lucky Bro
Gunslinger

Postby Clink Eastward » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:17 pm

Lucky Bro wrote:Or add some variable to control voting.

That is in my top 5 improvements, would be nice to beef up the server admin side with a bare minimum of callvote options :)
"But if you miss you had better miss very well. Whoever double-crosses me and leaves me alive, he understands nothing about Tuco"
Clink Eastward
Shootist

And others four?

Postby Lucky Bro » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:25 pm

I want votes for clan name changing because it will allow during clan matches to have nice screenshots with clan names and demos with clan tags inside demo name automatically, like this:
<Point Of View player name>-<Red team name>VS<Blue team name>-<timestamp>-<server>-<map>
Isn't it sounds good? You don't have to resort all demos then for weeks.

Clink Eastward,
Wonder what are others four?
Color naming with no-hack black color, huh?
I'm just kidding.. There are a lot of requests actually. If you have any idea how to sort them out - shot. But in another topic. Maybe with some plan we will get them work early.

Have a good day!
"You should know that the lies won't hide your flaws/No sense in hiding all of yours/You gave up on your dreams along the way" (c) "Fake it" by Seether
P.S. English isn't my native language.
Lucky Bro
Gunslinger

Return to Telegraph Station

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel