With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Game server information & questions.

Moderators: Joe Kari, Pardner, TheDoctor

Server admin mod?

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:19 am

Found this at the Tremulous website. Would be nice to see something like this for SG.

Q: What is TJW's mod? Why is it useful?
A: TJW's mod is a version of Tremulous that is available as a server and (optional) client. It's important to note that you can run the server without needing your clients to run the TJW client. The standard 1.1 Tremulous client works just fine on servers running the TJW Server. The TJW client simply provides additional capabilities when paired with the server.

The main benefit of TJW's mod is that it applies many fixes and additional server administration functionality over the 1.1 build of Tremulous. While Tremulous releases can take months to prepare, TJW can update his mod as soon as new changes are ready.

Here's a few enhancements the TJW mod provides:

- Robust server side administration
- Mute capabilities for abusive players
- Vote based temporary ban system
- Permanent banning
- Unlimited banning (overcoming Quake 3's limited ban storage ability)
- user/Administrator rights (i.e. cannot be kicked, cancel vote, protected names)
- Administrator level based priveleges (i.e. Admin 1 can kick, Admin 2 can ban, etc.)
- Allows administrator access without need for the rcon password
- Varoius bug fixes to the 1.1 release of Tremulous

You can find TJW's Server mod here. You can also find the TJW Client here. It's important to note that while the TJW Client is not needed for the TJW Server enhancements to be available, they are both better used when paired together.

For a list of the TJW Server features click here.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Tequila » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:04 am

Hey, I was thinking about such a kind of client !
Thanks ReD to point us on Tremulous work.
8)
Tequila
SG Team

Postby Asvarox » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:03 am

Yes Tremulous' admin system is really nice (since i play tremulous for 2 years now :) ). There are sometimes admin abusers at certain servers, but still it's server's admin fault, not system.
Asvarox
Newcomer

Return to Telegraph Station

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel