With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Game server information & questions.

Moderators: Joe Kari, Pardner, TheDoctor

A Question about Snapshot?

Postby Number 6 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:18 pm

When I am loading a map from a server, I notice the names of the players being loaded ie:Bots, Real Players, and one other, Snapshot! What is Snapshot? Is it a Bot or a Player? I can never seem to find him or her? Love this game! What or who is Snapshot? Thanks Again!
Be Seeing You! :D
"At some time, in some place, all of you held positions of a secret nature and had knowledge invaluable to an enemy. Like me, you are here, either to have that knowledge protected or extracted."
Number 6
Drifter

Postby /dev/random » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:28 pm

A Snapshot contains data about the current gamestate, i.e. every Player's position, score, which entities are being used etc.
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Number 6 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:59 pm

Thanks for the info! I figured it must be someting that was related to the game itself. What threw me off was that snapshot was being loaded with the player names. Thanks Again!
Be Seeing You! :D
"At some time, in some place, all of you held positions of a secret nature and had knowledge invaluable to an enemy. Like me, you are here, either to have that knowledge protected or extracted."
Number 6
Drifter

Return to Telegraph Station

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel