With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Game server information & questions.

Moderators: Joe Kari, Pardner, TheDoctor

IRC bot

Postby Dadamungo » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:55 am

I wanted to post the code for the IRC bot in hopes that somebody may be able to run it on their server. I have to cut back on some expenses and my server running the bot is one of the things going away soon. Currently I have it set in cron to quit and rejoin the IRC channel every 2 hours. I do this for a few reasons. It was terminating for unknown reasons at times (before Debian), and I periodically power off or reboot my router and this allows it to rejoin without me having to remember.

It's not the best code granted, so if feel free to modify it however is necessary if you decide to help out and run it.

http://code.google.com/p/smokinguns-irc ... wse/trunk/
Dadamungo
Shootist

Postby Tequila » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:47 pm

Hi, I will give it a try on a new server I dedicated to Smokin' Guns I owns... give me 2 or 3 days.
8)
Tequila
SG Team

Postby Tequila » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:20 pm

Hi, I've just started a new SG_Deputy bot after few updates on the code.

Give him few days to be tested ;), then you would stop your own.

One point, I implemented it to read a list generated by a qstat launch against quake3 master server, so we will be able to see new servers without editing the code manually.
8)
Tequila
SG Team

Postby Dadamungo » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:59 pm

Awesome. I could never generate the qstat list from my ISP for some reason. Even when I run it from the terminal it doesn't give me a full list. Nice addition.
Dadamungo
Shootist

Return to Telegraph Station

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel