With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Game server information & questions.

Moderators: Joe Kari, Pardner, TheDoctor

Postby Pardner » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:39 am

If another moderator sees any purpose in keeping this thread open, please feel free to do so.

Having a derogatory thread about a single person is not what I like to see. These type of threads are good to vent and let off some stream, but the other member;s reputation has been greatly tarnished.

I have played CRAZYHOSE and he is quite a good player. Yes at times he can be annoying, but we all can be annoying at times. None of use like loosing repeatedly.

I hope rane gets unbanned and future situations can be avoided.
Last edited by Pardner on Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pardner
SG Team

Reply to the CRAZYHOSE thread

Postby CRAZYHOSE » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:46 pm

OK,

I really dont have time for this, and quite frankly, I dont see why I should have to defend myself against troublemakers, but I suppose I will have to..

'Rane' who started the thread about me, Im guessing is either 'Nox-Thot' or 'Donnie'.

Lets talk about Donnie first.

Donnie has no respect and has been shouting the odds at me for weeks since he turned up on the jeuxlinux server. Donnie has got a problem with me and I think I know why, its because we were all playing on El Palso, and Ms clan were there, and Donnie was asked to change from Ms team to the losing team (because he is such a good player), and because there was a huge imbalance. He wouldnt change teams. So I called him a glory hunter, because I cannot understand why anyone would not change teams for the good of the overall game.

Thats why he's pissed.

Another incident a few days after this was where he told me to reinstigate (and I quote) "the fucking voting". I tried to explain to him that voting doesnt always kick teamkillers. I also tried to explain that the voting system was being abused by certain players calling votes at the start of maps, and that other players were calling upward of 5+ votes each game, causing a general annoyance to the other players that just want to play, not be bombarded with votes every other minute.

And this thing about me banning him because he beat me on a certain occasion is nonsense. If I were to ban all the players that have beaten me or are better than I am, half the players playing on the server would be banned, but theyre not.

The fact is, Donnie is a loudmouth idiot, who doesnt have the good sense not to swear at the admin. Its his own fault.

By the way, as far as those screenshots are concerned, what 'Rane' didnt show you are the screenshots of the same conversation which show I simply kicked 'Rane's client, allowing him to immediately reconnect to the server and continue playing. On reconnection I then said to him 'let that be a lesson to you, do not involve yourself in other peoples business'.

Quite fair and proper imo.

I dont even know this 'Rane' or 'nox thot', Ive had no dealings with him/them at all other than this incident (that I can remember). Maybe he was a teamkiller or has a problem with authority?

Ask the real regulars on the server who play everyday what Im like as admin. Ask Tomek, LuckyLuke, Zuba, XIOTTEP, Stuffsohl, Footbeat, Sniper, etc.

What I do know is this: that when I started playing on jeuxlinux server, there was teamkilling everyday and it crippled play for everyone.

since I started admin, there has been a drastic reduction in teamkilling. I can tell you exactly how many IP's Ive banned (which isnt many). Indeed, there is a player on the server now, who i suspect to be have been a persistant teamkiller who is now playing under a different nick (I recognise the first 2 octets of his IP) who hasnt teamkilled since he rejoined the server, and I have allowed him to stay. I shall continue to keep an eye on him.

Now lets move on to the Ms issue.

The latest incident proves they are not playing by the spirit of the game (at the very least).

We were playing BR mexican town. Only myself and 'MsMLY' were still alive. MsMLY had just blown the safe in the church. In the commotion I silently crept inside the church and behind a stone strut and waited. MLY got the bag (CHINK!), but stayed there silent for about 10-15 seconds. Then he straffed past my postion and shot at me. I asked MsMly "how did you know where I was?" and he replied, and I quote, "MsSpey told me."

spey was dead at the time.

there was only myself and Msmly alive.

So spey must have seen where I was and relayed that information back to MsMLy, probably over teamspeak. There is no other explaination. Indeed MLY even said himself 'Spey told me'.

Now I fully accept Ms have good players, but there have been times where things just dont add up, this being one of them.

Also, MLY, the reason why you were client kicked 3 times, is because you wereTKing, 1 time myself with a knife. I didnt actually think it was you, thats why you werent IP banned. But if that was you, then you only have yourself to blame. Again that was witnessed by other players.

BTW, I have CAPS-LOCK on because I cant see very well, and I often make mistakes when I type too quickly, I dont even see why this is an issue.

I wont be answering any further questions in this thread, Ive wasted a good hour on this already.

I will also be emailing this reply to Lululaglue@jeuxlinux.fr. He will then decide what action to take.

++DYNAMITE EXPERT FOR HIRE,MINES,MURDERS++
CRAZYHOSE
Pistolero

Postby Bodie » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:50 pm

I hope he removes your access and gives it to someone competent.
Bodie
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby /dev/random » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:03 pm

I don't see what the problem with teamkilling is all about. If you don't want teamkills, don't host a server or simply turn friendly fire off. It's as simple as that. There are always players which don't behave properly and you just can't ban or kick everyone.
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby CRAZYHOSE » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:45 pm

/dev/random wrote:I don't see what the problem with teamkilling is all about. If you don't want teamkills, don't host a server or simply turn friendly fire off. It's as simple as that. There are always players which don't behave properly and you just can't ban or kick everyone.

First, its not my server, second, the server settings get reset each night, I dont know why this is, possibly because of the other server admins.

I kick/ban those people that are persisitant teamkillers. They get warnings first, and if they continue they get banned. Thats (good) administration imo.

Why should we have to turn on friendly fire?

Why should the majority have to bend to the minority that want to spoil the game for everyone else?

Quickly back to Donnies case, I perhaps was hasty to IP ban him, but when someone is telling lies about you, and others join in, its difficult to stay cool. Please keep in mind all the stuff thats gone on in previous incidents that Rane has neglected to tell you (perhaps because he isnt even aware).

And again, they both got prior warnings.

This is my first time administrating a game server. I do the best I can. I didnt even want the job, but teamkilling was ruining the game for everyone, and no one seemed to be able to do anything about it.

CRAZYHOSE
Pistolero

Postby Bodie » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:08 pm

Random, I think there's a misunderstanding.

Everyone sometimes accidentally blows team mate's head off and there's nothing wrong with it. It's a game that sometimes makes your heart racing and since you're human, you may make a mistake. You say sorry and everyone gets over it by the next round.

Who should be banned are folks who join, get killed and call you a hurensohn (a new word I learned in SG) or a cheater and when you keep killing them mercilessly cause usually they aren't quality players, they switch teams and whack your whole team at the beginning of the next round.

It would be cool to have players protected for first 10 or so seconds of each round, it would allow everyone to buy and run away without being shot. I heard it's being worked on for future releases and I'm happy it is.
Bodie
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby Pardner » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:18 pm

ok, i re-opened it. try to keep it as clean as you can, keep the name calling for the private messages, and keep the punches above the belt.

CRAZYHOSE: why dont you un-ban rane. it would be much easier and this thread will just blow over.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby CRAZYHOSE » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:36 pm

Pardner wrote:CRAZYHOSE: why dont you un-ban rane. it would be much easier and this thread will just blow over.

I didnt ban rane in the first place. I simply kicked him for interfering and making a bad situation worse.

Im quite prepared to unban Donnie, but he should be aware that if he persistantly shouts abuse at me or anyone else, he will be client-kicked, and then have to reconnect to the server.

Can some help with a command to unban IP?

CRAZYHOSE
Pistolero

Postby Bodie » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:49 pm

I have ban there ever since you wrote to me and nox-thot exactly those words: "YOUR BOTH FUCKING ip BANNED, GOODBYE". Now you're saying you didn't ban me?
Bodie
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby Ugly » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:51 pm

/dev/random wrote:I don't see what the problem with teamkilling is all about.

There have been really bad problems with idiots turning up and deliberately killing the entire team repeatedly. As this server has the stats command disabled there's no way to clientkick the little $%^£s and they know enough to simply rename themselves as soon as the vote starts for a normal kick. Its ruined some really great close games.
Ugly
Pistolero

Postby mLy! » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:09 pm

CRAZYHOSE wrote:I kick/ban those people that are persisitant teamkillers. They get warnings first, and if they continue they get banned. Thats (good) administration imo.

You kicked me 3 times after ONE accidental teamkill on you, and after you called me an idiot, no warning. Besides, I think most players on the server will agree that I am probably the player with least teamkills.

CRAZYHOSE wrote:but when someone is telling lies about you, and others join in, its difficult to stay cool.

Then why do you spread lies about me and my team? Yes we are on teamspeak and yes I am honest about this and told you as I said "Spey told me". Teamspeak is not a cheat, many players play with teamspeak, including Chilli. Even this website has a teamspeak channel.

If you don't want dead people to see player positions, then turn off the 'spectators as fly'

As for any other accusations about cheating, I've connected with other nicknames and seen you say stuff about us. Even in this topic:

CRAZYHOSE: Ms clan
CRAZYHOSE: ive witnessed other things too

Lett me tell you something, I have been playing online games since 2000, and I know a lot by now. I have always been engaged in busted cheaters in the past (in my favorite game 'rtcw') and I will do so in the future.
I know how to cheat in Smokin Guns(and other games), but I will NEVER do so. As for the other mS members, they are personal friends of mine and I can garentee they don't use cheats.
So you can stop spamming 'SURE' and 'BS' after you get killed by one of us.

Now, about you beeing an admin:
You are in my opinion the best Admin possible for this server, because you are always there. But you have to learn to put personal feelings aside when you kick/ban people and be reasonable. Players like me or rane (=Donnie) don't deserve to be kicked or banned imo, I think I have playing long enough now to prove that I don't teamkill on purpose.

Last, about the voting thing:
Is it not possible to just disable MAP voting, but allowe the rest? I agree that there should be no mapvoting, as the mapcycly is perfect. But sometimes you really need to kick someone because the are AFK. Ive seen people go AFK at places where it takes ages for the enemie to find them and its just a waste of time for all players on the server.
My Latest fragmovies:
Winning BB cup
mLy!
Gunslinger

Postby Pardner » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:36 pm

there is a kick on idle cvar that can be set to a lower setting if you have a problem with idle people tying up the server.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby CRAZYHOSE » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:50 pm

rane wrote:I have ban there ever since you wrote to me Now you're saying you didn't ban me?

So you must be Donnie. I already said, I did IP ban you. I did not IP ban 'noxthot'.

MLY wrote:Then why do you spread lies about me and my team? Yes we are on teamspeak and yes I am honest about this and told you as I said "Spey told me".

They are not lies though.

You use teamspeak to cheat (effectively). It is not fair on those players that are killed using this 'ghosting' method. Your clan members are dead, they should not be telling other members of the clan where the enemy is. That is cheating.

Thankyou for your suggestion about turning off, 'spectators as fly', I shall look into it.

MLY wrote:So you can stop spamming 'SURE' and 'BS' after you get killed by one of us.

But how can any player be confident that he wasnt killed by a member of your clan using questionable methods?

Ive seen a member of your clan headshot a player through wood. I personally have been headshot through stone steps. Ive also been headshot through a small window by a member of your clan who was looking the opposite way just a fraction of a second ago. Ive even seen one of your clan re-spawn after death. (although Ive seen another non Ms player do this also).

And about the 3x kick, MLY. you teamkilled 3 times, not once. someone who was spectating complained about it in-game and said "how do you accidentally knife someone from the position he (Mly) was in? He should be kicked", I actually said, I dont think its the real MLY. and you were not IP banned, simply client kicked. I could have handled that situation better, but all the same, it was (imo) your own fault for teamkilling 3 times.

CRAZYHOSE
Pistolero

Postby Bodie » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:55 pm

Whatever, will you unban me or not?
SG names: Bodie (aka mS // Donnie).
Admin on Jeuxlinux, RAWHIDE, #sg.wars and some other servers.
Bodie
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby CRAZYHOSE » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:05 pm

rane wrote:Whatever, will you unban me or not?

Look at this guys general attitude, its appalling. This is what I and other players have had to put up with.

Although my personal feeling is to say "no screw you, you can stay banned.", I will unban you.

But I'll tell you this Donnie, swear at me again, and you'll get a permanent ban on Jeuxlinux for the duration that I administrate there.
Last edited by CRAZYHOSE on Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

CRAZYHOSE
Pistolero

PreviousNext

Return to Telegraph Station

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel