With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Game server information & questions.

Moderators: Joe Kari, Pardner, TheDoctor

Postby Redwing » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:33 am

I can attest to that SG Player cheating in RAWHIDE. I was climbing out of the floor on one level and he started shooting the edge before I even got there, and killed me by headshot... all from across the map hiding. I was ok with playing with him just for the competition (it was satisfying to kill him after all), but it got rather frustrating! I guess if he'd bothered to change his name from default though I would have just thought he was good, but any skilled gunslinger would have changed his name by now, you know?

Didn't think to contact you guys over the IRC. I'll do that if I see him again.
DeviantArt|Music
Jesus wrote:Blessed are the Peacemakers, for they will be called the sons of God
Redwing
Shootist

Postby Waco Kid » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:34 pm

Just to set the record straight, boog was not cheating, boog and I were on the server playing against each other, I think there was one bot also.

SGplayer was cheating, about halfway into the allowed time he joined, and after a couple kills it was apparent to both boog and I that he was using a wallhack as he (SGplayer) was using a sniper rifle from across the map through walls when he had no valid way to know where we were, in fact I would spawn inside a building and get hit almost instantly.

Sorry to boog if my poor wording implied he was cheating, he and our game were victims, we were having a good time hunting each other until the wall hack user showed up.
Waco Kid
Drifter

Postby Number 6 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:14 am

Reading this topic really blows my mind. I mean folks, this is just a game! To me it's a lot of fun to be able to go to a place and play "Cowboys" for a while. I know of a couple of old timers out there that grew up in a time that when you turned on the television all they had was westerns. We were brought up with this. So I know that these folks are like I am; just having a lot of fun with this, and playing "Cowboys" in a different medium.

This game is actually the first "First Person Shooter" that I would ever be interested in playing because of the theme of it. I am more of a tactical war gamer; but SG is a great diversion. The best part of this is SG seems to have a great community of really "Honest Players".

I hope that you will be able to weed these "Cheaters" out; but the best remedy for now seems to be if you suspect that you have a cheater, move on to another server. Nuff Said......

Be Seeing You! :D
"At some time, in some place, all of you held positions of a secret nature and had knowledge invaluable to an enemy. Like me, you are here, either to have that knowledge protected or extracted."
Number 6
Drifter

Postby ChainLightnin' » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:41 am

Well said, we could get Festus Haggen to kick some butt!

[thumb=http://forum.smokin-guns.org/userpix/589_Festus_Haggen_1.jpg][timg]589_Festus_Haggen_1.jpg[/timg][/thumb]
Well...Mr. Chain Blue Lightnin' hisself..heh, heh!
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby DeUgli » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:39 am

ChainLightnin' wrote:Well said, we could get Festus Haggen to kick some butt!
TOTALLY off topic, but wasn't Festus a wonderful character?! He was probably the most like a real cowboy in any TV Western of that era, even if he was Fuzzy St. John 2.0.
Irgendeiner wartet immer.
DeUgli
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Breli » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:36 pm

Number 6 wrote:Reading this topic really blows my mind. I mean folks, this is just a game! To me it's a lot of fun to be able to go to a place and play "Cowboys" for a while. I know of a couple of old timers out there that grew up in a time that when you turned on the television all they had was westerns. We were brought up with this. So I know that these folks are like I am; just having a lot of fun with this, and playing "Cowboys" in a different medium.

This game is actually the first "First Person Shooter" that I would ever be interested in playing because of the theme of it. I am more of a tactical war gamer; but SG is a great diversion. The best part of this is SG seems to have a great community of really "Honest Players".

I hope that you will be able to weed these "Cheaters" out; but the best remedy for now seems to be if you suspect that you have a cheater, move on to another server. Nuff Said......

Be Seeing You! :D

I couldn't have said it any better. Maybe the real charme of this game is the average "age" and "maturity" of players that simply outweighs any kiddy crap and cheating nonsense.

For me, cheating never was an issue. Lets just ignore the few cheaters that might be around. If they start to bug you, give Pardner, Joe or Red or any other oldtimer a hint :twisted: they can easily teach them to behave. I'd bet that a cheater doesn't stand a chance against Pardner even WITH his cheating tools ;)
SG name: =SG= BRELI

Harmonica: Did you bring a horse?
Gunmen: Looks like we are short on one horse!
Harmonica: No. You brought two too many.
Breli
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:34 pm

Breli wrote:I couldn't have said it any better. Maybe the real charme of this game is the average "age" and "maturity" of players that simply outweighs any kiddy crap and cheating nonsense.

I think this is one of the few games where when you kill someone you get a "n1" instead of an insult (with the exception of some of the newer players) I know I can be knida rough on people in game, but I have always enjoyed seeing "LOL" and "haha" in the console.

Pardner
SG Team

Postby Redwing » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:17 pm

Pardner wrote:
Breli wrote:I couldn't have said it any better. Maybe the real charme of this game is the average "age" and "maturity" of players that simply outweighs any kiddy crap and cheating nonsense.

I think this is one of the few games where when you kill someone you get a "n1" instead of an insult (with the exception of some of the newer players) I know I can be knida rough on people in game, but I have always enjoyed seeing "LOL" and "haha" in the console.

Unfortunately I have run into a few newbies who like to boast when they kill and call anyone who kills them all kinds of obscenities... I always try to remain good-natured and congratulate people when they kill me in cool ways... but it's hard with them, eh? :lol: People take things too seriously.
DeviantArt|Music
Jesus wrote:Blessed are the Peacemakers, for they will be called the sons of God
Redwing
Shootist

Postby Kouma » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:29 am

Pardner wrote:I think this is one of the few games where when you kill someone you get a "n1" instead of an insult (with the exception of some of the newer players)

I'm not a newbie, but when I get killed I call the person who did it "bastard!". Please, you all, take that as a "n1" :wink:
I am Kouma and this is my shotgun. Togheter, we blow your head clean off.
Kouma
Shootist

Postby Pardner » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:18 pm

Koumo, you spamming your usual sayings is much, much different ;) than the people who make a big deal out of every kill :|
Pardner
SG Team

Previous

Return to Telegraph Station

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel