With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Game server information & questions.

Moderators: Joe Kari, Pardner, TheDoctor

1 vs 1 games

Postby Ugly » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:49 pm

I've struggled to find opponents on the servers recently but I've had some fantastic games with just 1 or two opponents. The problem is that a lot of the maps are just way too big for such games and you end up spending most of the time hunting for your opponent or blowing up dynamite to let them find you.

Some of the duel mode mini maps would actually be superb for small games, not the really basic ones obviously but the more interesting maps with a building or two or the one with the church. Also there are parts of other maps which would work well in a cut down form too, the big house from Tillian, half (either one) of backwater etc.

Does someone with a bit of time and talent fancy doing some conversion work? (I have neither)

A mode like the 1 vs 1 queuing system as used in Open Arena would be fun as well. Winner stays on of course.
Ugly
Pistolero

Postby Pardner » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:39 pm

I talked about this with Red and Lethal a while back. I was suggesting that we bring back the original Q3 style tournament mode: 1vs1 and the winner stays on the map until defeated.

May be a code will see this and look into it. We would need make some small maps to go with it, so it probably wont happen for the next release.

Pardner
SG Team

Postby Kouma » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:48 am

Last friday I had nothing better to do, so I started working in a map thats a replica of the Sanctuary multiplayer map of the game Outlaws. Map's kinda small, very good for 1x1 games.

BUT

I got trouble with textures, got nervous and deleted it. Someday when I get patience I'll try to work on it again.
I am Kouma and this is my shotgun. Togheter, we blow your head clean off.
Kouma
Shootist

Postby Pardner » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:24 am

Kouma wrote:I got trouble with textures, got nervous and deleted it. Someday when I get patience I'll try to work on it again.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them and we will try our best to help.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby Kouma » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:17 am

Pardner wrote:
Kouma wrote:I got trouble with textures, got nervous and deleted it. Someday when I get patience I'll try to work on it again.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them and we will try our best to help.

I just made buildings too small, and textures were small too... Sure I'll ask for help when I feel like mapping again :wink:
I am Kouma and this is my shotgun. Togheter, we blow your head clean off.
Kouma
Shootist

Postby Lucky Bro » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:50 pm

Good day,

I love these 1vs1 DM games in SG too. Much more than any public BR :)
Never fought with you Ugly 1vs1. But I would like to.

Usually I'm playing 1vs1 on Baller Bude or on the new server - Lizzy. I have there almost lowest ping and it is good for this type of game (still not enough, but I can't do anything about it).

It's like the convention between the players who play 1vs1 DMs :) It's very small group of people.. like fight club :)
Everytime when I enter Baller Bude or Lizzy and there are only two players playng I always ask "May I join or it is a privite party". The people who know me know that it is true :)
So, I hope everyone who ever read this will do the same ;)

We may discuss time of such games here (of course with your permission to flood your topic Ugly ;)) to make our 1vs1 party bigger. Or at least to play more of these beautiful "hidden" type of game games :)

About maps and special tournament mode - yes it will be good for sure! But for now nothing stops us from playing it even without those. You can always tell your opponent what you want to make a "meeting zone" if you wish. It's a church or a big bulding usually.
I can tell for sure - those games I've played 1vs1 are best games ever :) I remeber almost every single match & opponent :) (no demos and actually it is about the process and not the fame :))

So, have a good day and see ya some day :)
"You should know that the lies won't hide your flaws/No sense in hiding all of yours/You gave up on your dreams along the way" (c) "Fake it" by Seether
P.S. English isn't my native language.
Lucky Bro
Gunslinger

Return to Telegraph Station

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel