With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Game server information & questions.

Moderators: Joe Kari, Pardner, TheDoctor

Game server providers for SG?

Postby Bat_243 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:07 am

Love the game, would like to rent a server, but cant find an providers that support SG....other than renting a dedicated server for $100 a month...anyone know of any providers I can contact?
Bat_243
Newcomer

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:15 am

Welcome to the forum!
RAWHIDE is hosted through Art of War Central & their rates are very reasonable. They had a little confusion about how to set up the server for me since they classify it as a Quake3 game, but eventually got it working. I've been pleased with their service overall & have been doing business with them for almost 3 years.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby moRtem » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:01 am

i guess http://www.noghost.net would also set up a server for a good price

check this table for prices (also read the information on the top):
http://noghost.net/hosting/

Smokin' Guns is basically a Q3-engine game, so have a look at Quake3-Server-price there

Altough the prices are given in dollars, his servers are located in USA and EU. Of course it is up to you to decide which Location you want your server to be set up in.

/quit
moRtem
Gunslinger

Postby Sucalakafufu » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:16 am

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:Welcome to the forum!
RAWHIDE is hosted through Art of War Central & their rates are very reasonable. They had a little confusion about how to set up the server for me since they classify it as a Quake3 game, but eventually got it working. I've been pleased with their service overall & have been doing business with them for almost 3 years.

hey Red,
my friends and i were thinking of trying to set up a dedicated server with one of our own servers or comps. is that possible? and if so, how do i get the server to be public over the internet?
ive been successful in getting a server up but only over a LAN :|
thx for ur help :)
SG Name: Sucalakafufu
Clan: [CWNN] - Clan With No Name
Sucalakafufu
Gunslinger

Postby Bat_243 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:07 pm

Thanks for all the responses...I may give AOWC a shot at it, Ive had a few servers with AOWC and Steve Phallen before, they seemed OK I guess....Just had to keep on them to get things done, but this was a few years ago, maybe they have changed....Looking to get a server or two going for SG....I am the founder of LCG Gaming, weve been around for about 5 years on the net, mostly Call Of Duty Gaming, looking to maybe promote SG to my squad and site members and see what they think...I fell in love with it the first time I played it....Anyone wanting a free ad for theyre server, send it to me, and Ill place it on the site....Get a good bit of traffic monthly from gamers looking to try new games...Thanks Everyone, This seems like a nice place to be!
Bat_243
Newcomer

Postby Lucky Bro » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:47 pm

Sucalakafufu wrote:hey Red,
my friends and i were thinking of trying to set up a dedicated server with one of our own servers or comps. is that possible? and if so, how do i get the server to be public over the internet?
ive been successful in getting a server up but only over a LAN :|
thx for ur help :)

Hi, Sucalakafufu :)
Could you create a separate thread, please? :)
Here are enough guys to help you, actually :)
But in other thread to make it easy to find for everyone :)
I'll check your server for sure :) Hope it is not very far from me :)
"You should know that the lies won't hide your flaws/No sense in hiding all of yours/You gave up on your dreams along the way" (c) "Fake it" by Seether
P.S. English isn't my native language.
Lucky Bro
Gunslinger

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:12 am

Bat_243 wrote:This seems like a nice place to be!

This is one of the nicest forums you'll ever visit. :) Very glad to see you here.
Lucky Bro wrote:Hi, Sucalakafufu. Could you create a separate thread, please?

Indeed!
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Sucalakafufu » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:48 am

sure thing Lucky Bro and Red :)
Here it is :)
SG Name: Sucalakafufu
Clan: [CWNN] - Clan With No Name
Sucalakafufu
Gunslinger

Return to Telegraph Station

Show Sidebar