With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Game server information & questions.

Moderators: Joe Kari, Pardner, TheDoctor

mapcycles for deathmatch

Postby Joe Kari » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:55 pm

Hi !

I'm currently writing a system of automatic mapcycle switch depending on the number of players connected.

I'm thinking about 3 deathmatch playlist, depending on the size of the map and the number of hiding point, and so on.

So the small_dm mapcycle is designed to support up to 4 players, and contain rather small map:

dm_hangemhigh
dm_dry
dm_tillian
dm_fort
dm_newtown
dm_dawnfort
dm_train

The medium_dm mapcycle is designed to support between 4 and 7 players, and contain almost all the map:

dm_hangemhigh
dm_dry
dm_coyotebluff
dm_canyon
dm_mine
dm_backwater
dm_tillian
dm_fort
dm_nonamecity
dm_sancuchillo
dm_newtown
dm_alamo_tiny
dm_dawnfort
dm_train

Finally, the large_dm mapcycle is designed to support 7 and more players, and contain big map, or map that have enough cover/hiding area to support many players:

dm_dry
dm_coyotebluff
dm_backwater
dm_nonamecity
dm_sancuchillo
dm_alamo_tiny
dm_steamboat

(italic marks map that I'm not sure they are playable with that number of players)

So players as well as mappers are welcome to share their experience with all SG map, to help me to create this 3 mapcycles!

Later, I will do the same for Bank Robbery mapcycles.
Last edited by Joe Kari on Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Joe Kari
SG Team

Postby Sucalakafufu » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:48 am

IMO dm_dry has enough spots and is big enough to play with more than 7 players :)
dm_alamo_tiny also should be ok with more than 7 players even tho its smaller; it has a decent amount of places to hide and shoot ;)
SG Name: Sucalakafufu
Clan: [CWNN] - Clan With No Name
Sucalakafufu
Gunslinger

Postby Joe Kari » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:39 pm

Thanks for your reply, but I was expecting more people in this topic... Everyone are on holidays ?
Joe Kari
SG Team

Postby Sucalakafufu » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:42 pm

Joe Kari wrote:Thanks for your reply, but I was expecting more people in this topic... Everyone are on holidays ?

idk. i was expecting to see more replies here also... sadly i think the forum is less active right now then it usually is. where did everyone go? :roll:
SG Name: Sucalakafufu
Clan: [CWNN] - Clan With No Name
Sucalakafufu
Gunslinger

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:17 am

I think your idea is a very good one Joe! I think the forum is slow due to the website being unpredictable. We should be moved to a more reliable host the last week of this month.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Return to Telegraph Station

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel