With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Game server information & questions.

Moderators: Joe Kari, Pardner, TheDoctor

Postby Pardner » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:25 pm

you will need to edit your shortcut target to be something like the following:
Code: Select all
"smokinguns.exe +set dedicated 2 +set net_port 27960 +exec server.cfg"

-dedicated 2 will launch a dedicated Smokin' Guns server

-net_port will set the port number

-server.cfg is located inside your "*/Smokin Guns/smokinguns/" folder. This contains all the settings for a server, including the map rotation.

for more information on setting up a Quake3 style server (same for Smokin' Guns) visit this link.

Pardner
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:22 pm

you will need to have port 27960 ( or whatever port you are using) forwarded to the computer running the dedicated server if you are behind a router. If you post your IP address here, I am sure some people will try to connect and report back here. I am out of town this weekend, so I am unable to test anything. (be back Sunday night)
Pardner
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:17 pm

Are you using a router, and do you have multiple computers using the same internet source?

You will need to log into the web tool on the router. This varies between routers. Look in the user manual or online manuals for your router (also try typing 192.168.1.1 into your address bar.

Once you are logged into the web tool, you will need to look for a place called "port forwarding". you will need to open and forward the port 27960 to the IP adsress of the computer running the server.

Setting up a Smokin' Guns server is identical to setting up a Quake3 server. Maybe do a web search for Q3 servers and port forwarding in your native language.
Pardner
SG Team

Return to Telegraph Station

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel