With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Game server information & questions.

Moderators: Joe Kari, Pardner, TheDoctor

Smokin' Frogs BR - server options

Postby dowoshek » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:34 pm

Hi,
Currently dead people's speech is visible for everyone, including guys still playing. Could this option be set as it is in jeuxlinux.fr? Or alternatively, if we want to leave it as it is, flying mode for dead and spectators should be disabled.
Cheers
dowoshek
Gunslinger

Postby moRtem » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:43 am

just to add another opinion:

i personally prefer dead-people-are-able-to-chat enabled -- while i agree on disabling flies

and something else: please enable kick-voting or get more admins for this server -- i tried to play on that server a few times, and often there are afk-players or bad TKers (while in #smokinguns noone can be reached)

/quit
moRtem
Gunslinger

Postby Pardner » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:11 am

not everyone in #smokinguns has rcon rights on the servers. I only have rights to RAWHIDE and smokinguns.fr
Pardner
SG Team

Postby moRtem » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:37 am

Pardner wrote:not everyone in #smokinguns has rcon rights on the servers. I only have rights to RAWHIDE and smokinguns.fr

Smokin'Frogs = "smokinguns.fr BR Only"

Tequila renamed it due to new settings.

But the problem still is: there are often times where no SG-staff-member is present in IRC -- and teamkillers are urgent problems, where an admin is needed fast -- so also an admin who's actually online but needs 10 mins and more to respond, ain't enough

/quit
moRtem
Gunslinger

Postby dowoshek » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:57 pm

moRtem wrote:just to add another opinion:

i personally prefer dead-people-are-able-to-chat enabled -- while i agree on disabling flies

Yes, this is also useful when bad guys use TeamSpeak. I'd welcome that way in jeuxlinux too.
dowoshek
Gunslinger

Postby moRtem » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:20 pm

dowoshek wrote:
moRtem wrote:just to add another opinion:

Yes, this is also useful when bad guys use TeamSpeak. I'd welcome that way in jeuxlinux too.

Uff -- i made some misunderstanding here --- specs should be able to fly around, but the flies (and their noise) should be disabled
--

nothing is more boring than having to watch the last camper sitting around until roundtimeout

and i don't think teamspeak should be an issue in public games (in clanwars it's different of course)

/quit
moRtem
Gunslinger

Postby dowoshek » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:52 pm

Hmm... so you have nothing against situations when dead "flying" people warn their teammates like: "watch out! he's round the corner", "don't go there! go around!", "wait, wait,...now! go!", etc? And this is actually what we have now in SmokinFrogs when more people is online.
dowoshek
Gunslinger

Postby Tequila » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:36 pm

Okay I disabled g_specsareflies but I leaved g_splitchat disabled.

I understand you don't like to see people cheating saying others to move or not but as TS or VoIP can be used at the same time enabling g_splitchat won't help.

And you should remember honesty is not the rule in the far west. Next time keep such cheaters in game as possible (so they won't cheat as dead people) and give them a lesson they won't forget using your own skills.
;)
Tequila
SG Team

Postby moRtem » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:18 pm

dowoshek wrote:Hmm... so you have nothing against situations when dead "flying" people warn their teammates like: "watch out! he's round the corner", "don't go there! go around!", "wait, wait,...now! go!", etc? And this is actually what we have now in SmokinFrogs when more people is online.

of course i have something against those situations -- but after all i prefer to take that risk and therefor have some freedom while spectating.

When jeuxlinux had that freelook-spec disabled quite a while ago, i bored my pants off

(this post counts for public games only)

/quit
moRtem
Gunslinger

Postby dowoshek » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:41 pm

moRtem wrote:When jeuxlinux had that freelook-spec disabled quite a while ago, i bored my pants off

Freelook... yes, but when playing people can't see what dead guys say is not a big sacrifice.
dowoshek
Gunslinger

Postby Sucalakafufu » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:14 am

Tequila wrote:And you should remember honesty is not the rule in the far west. Next time keep such cheaters in game as possible (so they won't cheat as dead people) and give them a lesson they won't forget using your own skills.
Wink

i couldn't agree more! :D

although i dont spectate in that way myself, i do agree that you cant really complain about those players too much.... players i play against do things worse than spectating with flies! its called ghosting (which means they temporarily switch to ur team when they are dead to see exactly where u are!)... this is MUCH more annoying and i say that if they rely on such sad tactics then punish them with ur skillz!!! :D
SG Name: Sucalakafufu
Clan: [CWNN] - Clan With No Name
Sucalakafufu
Gunslinger

Postby Juaro Juarez » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:58 pm

Unles... there is always the way of changing your name in something like : "Psstt, he's on the house" or sth like this.
THis will never be able to get controlled the whole time, and everywhere and evry ´time ;D
So just Get them DEAD! :D
-nox-Juaro-

Admin on Jeuxlinux.
Juaro Juarez
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby moRtem » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:27 pm

Sucalakafufu wrote:[...]which means they temporarily switch to ur team when they are dead to see exactly where u are![...]

From what i noticed the purpose of this teamswitching is mainly to earn money.

(since when you are on the winning team, you got some dollars -- after round-end you got a few seconds to switch back to your losing team and play at the beginning of the new round)

But that's not any better than ghosting.

/quit
moRtem
Gunslinger

Postby Pardner » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:10 pm

Juaro Juarez wrote:Unles... there is always the way of changing your name in something like : "Psstt, he's on the house" or sth like this.

This is fixed in 1.1. Name changers are going to HATE 1.1 but so be it.
Pardner
SG Team

Return to Telegraph Station

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel