With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Game server information & questions.

Moderators: Joe Kari, Pardner, TheDoctor

Run Server as Q3mod or Stand alone?

Postby Rct. Tsoul » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:09 pm

I am about to get a server up and running, I need to know if I can just run it as a Q3 server and setgame Smokinguns, or do I need to run it from the standalone smokinguns.exe

The reason why I am asking is so that if need be I can change the mod to something else if no one wants to play on it, I am sure that when I set it up if I am the only one with a decent ping and everone elses is crap, it will not get any play.

I would like to run it as a Q3 server smokinguns mod, and if posible enable punk buster if it is suported yet, I am sure some of you have noticed getting shot in the head from a distance by the same person several times in one game from time to time, please reply.
Rct. Tsoul
Pistolero

Postby Tequila » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:00 am

You should better use standalone exe, and try eventually the smokinguns_dedicated one from current beta. We still have integrated few tools to centralize a player ban system based on GUID and we are about to integrate a new tool against cheaters with next release.
Also PunkBuster doesn't support Smokin'Guns and Smokin'Guns doesn't support PunkBuster.
8)
Tequila
SG Team

Postby Rct. Tsoul » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:19 am

I would like to get a server up and running now, I just want to know if I can run it as a mod on the Quake3.exe, if so I can get this server going now.
Rct. Tsoul
Pistolero

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:24 am

Why don't you just try it & see? But most players won't be able to connect unless they are also running SG as a Q3 mod, as far as I know. So if my theory is correct, regular SG players won't be able to see or connect to your server.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Sucalakafufu » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:16 am

Is it not possible to install the Smokin' Guns standalone on the computer you are using as a server? If it is possible, then u should just do that and u can start up a dedicated using the normal SG smokinguns.exe
SG Name: Sucalakafufu
Clan: [CWNN] - Clan With No Name
Sucalakafufu
Gunslinger

Return to Telegraph Station

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel