With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Game server information & questions.

Moderators: Joe Kari, Pardner, TheDoctor

Postby /dev/random » Mon May 24, 2010 12:34 am

Looks like Vista/7. Try to run in compatibility mode or as administrator.
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby /dev/random » Mon May 24, 2010 12:36 pm

I'm not too familiar with B³, but it needs a mysql-database as its backend. Since the error says it couldn't connect to a db, I'd check that first. Was mysql included within the b³ installer?

Apart from that, are you sure you've entered the correct full absolute path for your server logfile?

After all, it'd be best if you ask in the b³ forums, since they should rather be able to help you than here.
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby /dev/random » Mon May 24, 2010 2:24 pm

Is the smokinguns dedicated server up and running aswell? Is rcon password set correctly, what about firewalls etc.?
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby /dev/random » Mon May 24, 2010 3:26 pm

The bot just parses the logfile continuously and responds to certain chat texts and events via rcon chat or commands.
You should get answers to all the ! commands, at least when you type !help. Apart from that, the bot is not visible ingame.

Since you posted a loopback adress, I assume sg and b3 are running on the same machine? If so, there should be no connection problems.
Last thing I could imagine is some disfunciotnal antivirus. Permissions should not matter either.

OffTopic: I see some fancy typos/grammar mistakes in b3's output :)
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby /dev/random » Mon May 24, 2010 6:51 pm

It's a little hard to follow both threads. You know have solved the problem by correcting the ports in both configs, right?

So what is left? The only thing I could sport is that Publist won't report, because you're using a local ip in your config, but that's not a real error.
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Return to Telegraph Station

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel