With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Game server information & questions.

Moderators: Joe Kari, Pardner, TheDoctor

Postby LuckyGenDago » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:46 pm

So you are banning peaople because other player told you to do that?
[IngameName] mS.Dago
TS Admin
LuckyGenDago
Gunslinger

Postby kaiyouw » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:56 pm

No, I am following Lon's instructions: If you suspect someone is cheating, kick and ban while you look for the IP in the known hacker's list. Am I wrong?

See ya,
SDE^Joker
kaiyouw
Gunslinger

Postby LuckyGenDago » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:00 pm

So i am a known hacker?
[IngameName] mS.Dago
TS Admin
LuckyGenDago
Gunslinger

Postby kaiyouw » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:31 pm

Apparently, not. :D I unbanned you as soon as your friend identified you, since you were using a random nickname and for some reason you didnt want to tell who you were.

See ya,
SDE^joker
kaiyouw
Gunslinger

Postby ^SDE^Evans » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:02 am

hm....i suspect that some players are using wallhack :(
^SDE^Evans
Shootist

Postby kaiyouw » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:21 am

Are you talking about Dago?
kaiyouw
Gunslinger

dago

Postby Lon' » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:18 am

hey guys!! we dont need to fight to resolve this problem ! this is a game and everybody want to have fun!!! Rawhide dont need this kind of discution...
the same think happened to me when i was playing in paladin smoking guns server... just because i was with ocult name and i was killing a lot the admin banned me 3 times without espec just because the others sg players said...
so an advice for admins rawhide sever,,, first if u ban someone be sure that the player is hacking so u need to espec first before u do it! U also can record a demo and u can decide later if are not sure!

about dago, sry for this incovenient we all know that u dont hack in rawhide..
but if u called a kick vote for no reason i must agree with joker,,,
thats my opinion,,,

i hope this kind of things dont happen again...
we all want to have fun!
cya
Last edited by Lon' on Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lon'
Gunslinger

Postby moRtem » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:44 am

kaiyouw wrote:Apparently, not. :D I unbanned you as soon as your friend identified you, since you were using a random nickname and for some reason you didnt want to tell who you were.

So all you need to do to judge about someone whether he's cheating or not, is to look at his nickname?

You should rather go on tour as a magician than being admin on a game-server.

--

It's not a good combination to have cheaters on one side, and admins who randomly ban players just because they do more score than themselves.

/quit
moRtem
Gunslinger

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:39 pm

kaiyouw wrote:If you suspect someone is cheating, kick and ban while you look for the IP in the known hacker's list.

Guilty untill proven innocent?
If you are suspicious, take demos & watch them later.

As owner of RAWHIDE, I'd say the only players that should be immediately banned without proof of cheating are the ones who disrupt everyone else on the server. Tk'ers, chat spammers, etc.
Last edited by ReD NeCKersoN on Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby /dev/random » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:42 pm

It's the admins' decision whether they ban people. Of course they should provide a reason as to why they did so, but they don't have to.

An admin could very well ban you just because he feels like it.

If you don't like that, try to contact the server owner or simply play elsewhere.

Apart from that, I highly doubt there are efficient ways of banning. Simply using a whole subnet is not efficient, GUIDs are worth nothing in their current implementation.
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby LuckyGenDago » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:00 pm

You are right def..

But they were banning because somebody told him that somebody is cheating and so the admin ban without to check it.
[IngameName] mS.Dago
TS Admin
LuckyGenDago
Gunslinger

Postby Sucalakafufu » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:52 pm

LuckyGenDago wrote:You are right def..

But they were banning because somebody told him that somebody is cheating and so the admin ban without to check it.

i think /dev/random was trying to say that an admin can do such a thing if he feels like it. so if an admin decided to ban based on what people said, then they can do that.

/dev/random wrote:If you don't like that, try to contact the server owner or simply play elsewhere.

i agree with this. talk to the server owner if you really have a problem. the server owner is the one who will either talk to that admin or take away admin privilages from that admin. if not, well then you won't like that server and will probably play somewhere else.
SG Name: Sucalakafufu
Clan: [CWNN] - Clan With No Name
Sucalakafufu
Gunslinger

Postby Sutakh » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:00 pm

Sucalakafufu wrote:i think /dev/random was trying to say that an admin can do such a thing if he feels like it. so if an admin decided to ban based on what people said, then they can do that.

/dev/random wrote:If you don't like that, try to contact the server owner or simply play elsewhere.

The admin can but should they? Rawhide is the closest server that runs bank robbery, but i get kicked for no apparent reason. Kinda discourages me from playing anymore.
Last edited by Sutakh on Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In-game name: Zarathos
Sutakh
Newcomer

Postby Sucalakafufu » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:18 am

Sutakh wrote:
Sucalakafufu wrote:i think /dev/random was trying to say that an admin can do such a thing if he feels like it. so if an admin decided to ban based on what people said, then they can do that.

The admin can but should they? Rawhide is the closest server that runs bank robbery, but i get kicked for no apparent reason. Kinda discourages me from playing anymore.

right they can. but it does discourage players. never said it was good for players. if you are getting kicked and/or banned for no reason, contact Red Neckerson. He's the owner of Rawhide and I have found him to be fair in his judgments. As I said above to Dago, if you are having problems then contact the owner. If the owner is unfair, then there isn't really another option but to play on another server.
SG Name: Sucalakafufu
Clan: [CWNN] - Clan With No Name
Sucalakafufu
Gunslinger

Postby ^SDE^Evans » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:52 am

the game is growing .... so there are many new players who do not know anything about the game .... this is one reason that I never did vote vejo.i don't kick for newcomers, it is always good server with more people . I think the Rogue should be punished for not allowing new players on the server.
^SDE^Evans
Shootist

PreviousNext

Return to Telegraph Station

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel