With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Game server information & questions.

Moderators: Joe Kari, Pardner, TheDoctor

Some questions about creating a private game for my friends

Postby Ambrosios Carabine » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:16 am

Hi all! :P

I´m just beggining to play this game, and I´ve got a few questions about the Multiplayer settings: which are the most common "Minimum/Maximum ping" values? What is the "Max rate" and how can I set it properly, according to a (for example) 10-people-game? What does "Pure server" mean?

I´ve learned how to port forward my router, and I think it´ll work, but I´m not sure about one thing: once I´ve created the game and sent my ip adress to my friends, what should they do in order to join the game?

Thank you very much! And sorry for my bad English... :oops:
I thing you´re doing a really great work with this site!!
Ambrosios Carabine
Newcomer

Postby Pardner » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:50 pm

Ambrosios Carabine wrote:"Minimum/Maximum ping" values?

Those filter the players who are joining. For instance, if you set max ping to 200, anybody with a high ping will not be able to join your servers. If you are playing with your friends, then I wouldn't set those.
Ambrosios Carabine wrote:What does "Pure server" mean?

Pure server means that only clients with the same pk3 files as the server are allowed to connect. So if the server has SG 1.0 with no additions, clients will not be able to load their custom maps,skins, models etc. This is generally a good idea to turn on

Ambrosios Carabine wrote: what should they do in order to join the game?

in the console (~) they will need to type:
/connect <ipaddress>

Hope this helps! And welcome to the forums,
~Pard

Pardner
SG Team

Postby Ambrosios Carabine » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:03 pm

Hi!

Thank you very much for the information, it was very useful! It´s a big pleasure to be member of a forum where the posts are so quickly answered!! :P
- If we cut down my percentage, my friend... it might interfere with my aim.
Ambrosios Carabine
Newcomer

Postby ChainLightnin' » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:01 am

Ha, great quote! Much of that movie was filmed in Spain!
Well...Mr. Chain Blue Lightnin' hisself..heh, heh!
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

server dont show in get new list

Postby Lon' » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:45 am

server dont show in get new list

i have tried almost everything to creating a server but it never appears in get newlist
My modem is spped stream 4200 and it is routted and i have a dlink hub too that share my net with 2 computers
i think i need to open some ports in modem and in the dlink hub but i ve done this and nothing happen..
I also try to create a server only with one PC without the network but nothin happen too!!

is this problem because my modem dont support the game port? [size=Font Size] [/size]
Lon'
Gunslinger

Return to Telegraph Station

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel