With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Game server information & questions.

Moderators: Joe Kari, Pardner, TheDoctor

Aimbot?

Postby Mart Duggan » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:21 am

I notice that some players have been banned from Baller Bude for using aimbots. Paladin seems to have no such list. Have any players ever been banned from Paladin? At first I was amazed by the ability of some players to shoot, move, reload, buy weapons, and chat... apparently all at the same time. After playing for a couple of months I can see there are some players with remarkable skills which are simply beyond my capabilities. Either that or.... :wink:
Mart Duggan
Gunslinger

Postby Mart Duggan » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:24 am

Oh I just noticed the sticky about accusations of cheating. I am not accusing anyone of cheating, nor do I have evidence or such. I am merely asking if there has been anyone banned from Paladin for cheating?
Mart Duggan
Gunslinger

Postby Twig » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:30 am

If you suspect someone of cheating spectate them and record a demo which you can then send to an admin of that server. You can record a demo by typing /record *demoname* and stop recording /stoprecord

As for the other things you mentioned some of the new players might have a hard time believing how some players can be so good. Not saying that you havn't experienced a hacker because i know they are out there had to get rid of one yesterday but the truth is some have been playing this game for a long time. You also mention buying things while moving or doing other stuff this is most likely because the player has binds. They are really helpful so i would recommend them to you as well.
SG name: mS//Twig
Twig
Pistolero

Postby Mart Duggan » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:05 pm

Thanks for the reply. I agree some players are just darned good and beat the %$^@ out of players like me. I have suspected some type of aid, but I don't know what a bind is or how to use one. Regardless I have loads of fun playing this game and will continue to enjoy it. :D
Mart Duggan
Gunslinger

Postby !NuB!Donut » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:51 pm

but I don't know what a bind is or how to use one

http://sg-nub-clan.de.tl/page-binds.htm
Here you can read how to bind and what a bind is.
!NuB!Donut
SG Team

Postby ^SDE^Evans » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:00 pm

Make video /demo and send it to the ADM server do you think the player suspected :P
^SDE^Evans
Shootist

Postby Mart Duggan » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:50 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. I guess I am just frustrated when I get hit with 3 straight head shots even when moving. The accuracy of some players is hard to believe. After playing for several months I find my accuracy with short weapons is still poor and I would like to blame something other than my own lack of skill.
Mart Duggan
Gunslinger

Postby ChainLightnin' » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:06 pm

True ther are some players that are just amazingly good shots! But I also got hit 3 times on Paladin, when I wasn't even visible to anyone! (Unless they can see through walls). Hard to figure sometimes.
Well...Mr. Chain Blue Lightnin' hisself..heh, heh!
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby /dev/random » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:55 pm

Guess you're just being too loud or someone saw you moving into your camper position :D
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby ChainLightnin' » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:40 am

You think they noticed my tent and bedroll? :roll:
Well...Mr. Chain Blue Lightnin' hisself..heh, heh!
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby Juaro Juarez » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:40 pm

Sure do!
Nah, i think it's just how other's already said.
There are cheaters, no question, but the amount of them is lower to the amount you got in your head, when you mean some specific guys are cheaters.
So, maybe, if you have a real suspect, get on IRC or send a mail to dector with a demo :D

Well thats it for now :D
-nox-Juaro-

Admin on Jeuxlinux.
Juaro Juarez
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby Mart Duggan » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:06 pm

I have gotten a few behind walls, after spotting the fire coming from their guns and guessing at their position.
Mart Duggan
Gunslinger

Postby LuckyGenDago » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:52 am

you can use ff to upload you demo and post the link in the forum

Filefront
[IngameName] mS.Dago
TS Admin
LuckyGenDago
Gunslinger

Postby Waco Kid » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:22 am

The problem is that it doesn't do any good. The hackers just change IP's and keep going, either you block out a major service provider (or sometime country) in their entirety or you let them cheat.

I have been playing UT a lot, but the server I was on has been flooded recently with good cheaters and bad.

So I decided to try SG again and found it was much more cheat heavy than when I last played. One player in particular on Paladin is obvious to any spec, but several more I strongly suspect are using an aimbot with the LOA set to 1 (or however the setting is defined in the SG aimbots) and possibly radar. It's my experience that clans seem to propagate the cheats as well.

It's a shame.
Waco Kid
Drifter

Postby Mart Duggan » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:47 am

There has been a player in Paladin lately that uses aimbot. Easy to spot if you spec him, he is kind of clumsy but phenominal aim.

Another player I suspected of cheating appeared in Paladin for a couple days and was just incredible. I was very suspicious, but he played Baller Bude and the Doctor checked him out, he was just great player. Best I have seen on Paladin no question. However I have not seen him since.
Mart Duggan
Gunslinger

Next

Return to Telegraph Station

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel