With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Game server information & questions.

Moderators: Joe Kari, Pardner, TheDoctor

Moderator for Paladin

Postby Mart Duggan » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:08 pm

Paladin is the most popular server for DM in the U.S. There is no moderator for this server. Is that intentional? I like the way Baller Bude is run, keeps out the cheats and obnoxious players. I would be willing to moderate the server, but I don't know how to apply, or even if anyone cares. Does anyone else want a mod for Paladin? Or how to contact whoever runs it?
Mart Duggan
Gunslinger

Postby Pardner » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:57 am

try sending an email to the address listed in the server information:
Paladin_Turkey_CM@comcast.net
Also try searching for their clan website, and I also think they have a Xfire group set up as well. I have not had any contact with any of the Paladin members, but I agree that Paladin has become a popular DM now that Rawhide has been running mostly BR due to the Americas clans. It really needs an active moderator/admin which could add Doc's server script as the current banned IP list is quite extensive.

If you do become a regular admin on the server please send either Red or myself a PM and we can add you to the private game server section of the forums.
Last edited by Pardner on Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pardner
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:46 pm

Pardner wrote:If you do become a regular admin on the server please send either Red or myself a PM and we can add you to the private game server section of the forums.

To clarify, Pard means the private "server admin" forum. :wink:
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Mart Duggan » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:14 pm

So far no luck. My email did not go through. I have been unable to register on their website as the new member signup requires a name and password ( :?).

So right now I am at a standstill. :( Any suggestions or assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Mart Duggan
Gunslinger

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:43 pm

Check to see if the admin has a profile on that website. Maybe you can see an up to date email address?
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:31 pm

http://www.paladinwarriors.us/forums/
I noticed that they have a forums. The register button is on the flashing left column. I was able to register with no trouble. It looks like Lon has beat you to the punch!
http://www.paladinwarriors.us/forums/vi ... ght=smokin
Pardner
SG Team

Postby Mart Duggan » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:28 am

Thanks Pardner I finally figured it out. Glad to see Lon is on it too, he has experience as admin that I lack. I will be happy to help any way I can, I am mostly retired so I have a lot of time (and SG players) to kill. :D Hoss
Mart Duggan
Gunslinger

Postby Pardner » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:09 pm

Final result:
Turk wrote:if you have info you wish to share email/pm me thanks...only paladins will admin paladin servers...unless given without permission 8)
Sixshooter wrote:I play on SG Paladin a lot and would be happy to serve as a moderator. I can vouch for Lon he does a great job with Rawhide. Please listen to Pardner and help us clean up the server.
Hoss

Same thing that he posted when Lon tried. Apparently they don't even want to bother signing up here and getting the goods created by TheDoctor.

My suggestion: Tired of people hacking on Paladin? Change to a well moderated server.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby Bodie » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:06 am

They would be better off shutting it off then.
SG names: Bodie (aka mS // Donnie).
Admin on Jeuxlinux, RAWHIDE, #sg.wars and some other servers.
Bodie
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby Mart Duggan » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:41 pm

I tend to agree. Although I like the ping I get on Paladin. And i am willing to give them time to see if they will actually monitor the game at least occasionally like they say they will. I did see a couple of names pop up in the game I suspect might have been Paladins, but I have no way of knowing if they were. Usually they play with Paladin in the name, but they may be incognito. I hope.
Mart Duggan
Gunslinger

Postby Bodie » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:15 pm

A DM server doesn't require as much attention as a BR server since there's no way many violations can even be committed there (teamkilling for one example).

It'd be good if Palidins used Rawhide banlist of cheaters. I think this part they would be very safe outsourcing to admins of other servers. But if they don't want to, my best advice is to avoid the place altogether.
SG names: Bodie (aka mS // Donnie).
Admin on Jeuxlinux, RAWHIDE, #sg.wars and some other servers.
Bodie
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby ChainLightnin' » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:23 pm

Paladin really has the lowest ping in the Pacific Northwest area, it seems, and there aren't many like that out here. (G4J is pretty low). But it really isn't worth while when you see those guys that can see through walls and spawn points. You hardly get to play, so I don't join in that case.
Well...Mr. Chain Blue Lightnin' hisself..heh, heh!
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby kaiyouw » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:03 am

Really, there are cheaters in Paladin? Cause I play on Paladin a lot, using the nicknames "Juri" and "Antarctic)Monkey", and Ive never seen anyone suspicious. I know some guys who are always there, such as Hoss and Dirty Harry, both nice players/persons. Ill keep my eyes open for hackers, since I really like the server and their map rotation. Lon prefers to play on Baller Bude, since he is a bit more... competitive than me (he likes to keep scores haha). And yeah, an admin for Paladin is a great idea, and I vote for Hoss.
kaiyouw
Gunslinger

Postby Pardner » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:17 am

kaiyouw wrote:And yeah, an admin for Paladin is a great idea, and I vote for Hoss.

No can do. He is not a member of the Paladin clan. I have seen a lot of familiar names from our banlist on RAWHIDE show up on Paladin.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby TheDoctor » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:39 am

I confirm that some known cheaters are playing on Paladin (although not as many as I see on Rawhide :lol: ). Anyway, Hoss, if you want to become an administrator, learn how to record, replay and judge demos (mail me if you have questions). That way, even if you are not an official, you can help out the Paladins and, in the long term, convince them to act and to trust you.
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Next

Return to Telegraph Station

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel