With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Game server information & questions.

Moderators: Joe Kari, Pardner, TheDoctor

Re: Jeuxlinux

Postby MAKOTO » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:20 pm

Wow!
Thanks for the quick action Barto. :P
Boblenome was the worst one. There are others and i will try to catch them on demos too.
And yes, my connection sucks :D.
MAKOTO
Shootist

Postby Barto » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:26 pm

MAKOTO wrote:There are others and i will try to catch them on demos too.

I hope you understand that I prefer to have some strong proofs instead of some arguable demos. I think it's better for everyone that way. Anyway, if banning boblenome is scaring them enough, they'll also stop. You know, those guys sooner or later try to again harm the server. I gave boblenome one week within being banned after I caught someone else and I was right.

MAKOTO wrote:And yes, my connection sucks :D.

Sad :( Anyway, this explains this noclip behavior.
"Chuck Norris had to shorten his beard in the presence of Richard Stallman because two beards that awesome, so close would segfault the universe (again)."
Barto
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby TheDoctor » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:53 am

Barto wrote:I hope you understand that I prefer to have some strong proofs instead of some arguable demos.

Does the JeuxLinux server use your code-base? You could try to include a mechanism that penalizes team-damage in real-time, such as, if you hurt (not even kill) a team-mate in a team game-type game, you get damaged, not your teammate. This would completely prevent team-killing.

Or alternatively and a bit more difficult, you could account for team-damage and issue penalties over time.

Both mechanisms would have to be hooked up in G_Damage of game/g_combat.c.
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Barto » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:05 pm

TheDoctor wrote:Does the JeuxLinux server use your code-base? You could try to include a mechanism that penalizes team-damage in real-time, such as, if you hurt (not even kill) a team-mate in a team game-type game, you get damaged, not your teammate. This would completely prevent team-killing.

Sadly Jeuxlinux is running the classic 1.1 release without any changes. I sadly don't have any ssh access to it so I cannot change anything. Your idea for changing the harmed player is great and would suit as a new value for the friendly fire command but sadly I don't think I have enough time for it. I'm quite struggling all the time to find some hours to get things I haven't done yet made.
"Chuck Norris had to shorten his beard in the presence of Richard Stallman because two beards that awesome, so close would segfault the universe (again)."
Barto
Jeuxlinux Admin

Previous

Return to Telegraph Station

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel