With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Game server information & questions.

Moderators: Joe Kari, Pardner, TheDoctor

A call to all US SG players

Postby Cosyn » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:09 am

Hello,

Running through the server list, I noticed that the only two servers that I have good connection to (less than 100 ping) are the Paladin servers. According to one of the elite players I met, these are American servers. Yet, despite the fact that they are located in such a large country, they are always empty, with the exception of bots.

I'm writing this to ask the players of this awesome game who live in the US like me (if there are any) to unite and try out the Paladin servers, as it will make all of us have a better gameplay experience. It can be frustrating to play on European servers from where I live (though that doesn't mean I will stop playing on those)!

Thanks,

Cosyn
"There are two types of people in this world, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who did. You dig." -Clint Eastwood
Cosyn
Drifter

Re: A call to all US SG players

Postby Fenris The Wolf » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:49 pm

Hello Cosyn

Canadian player here and I play on Paladin and Baller Bude servers almost exclusively and I can tell you that there are often (relatively) large numbers of players on Paladin but the numbers seem to ebb and flow a lot and the fact that there have been issues lately may be the reason you never see anyone there. Unfortunately, since I upgraded to SG1.1 recently I can no longer play on Paladin until the server is upgraded also, but until then, perhaps I will see you elsewhere ingame.
Fenris The Wolf
Drifter

Postby Biondo » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:24 pm

If you want to save it, be there whenever you can, also playing with bots, also spectating, but be present. Nobody wants to join a desert server. And there's a huge need for an American server.
Biondo
SG Website Designer

Postby Cosyn » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:51 am

Thanks for the replies. I will start playing a lot more in the Paladin servers. I hope I'll see you there.
"There are two types of people in this world, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who did. You dig." -Clint Eastwood
Cosyn
Drifter

Postby Bodie » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:47 am

I've been writing since Rawhide's shutdown that the only way to save SG in the US would be to create a server where votes are enabled, or somehow convince Paladins to allow that on their machine...
SG names: Bodie (aka mS // Donnie).
Admin on Jeuxlinux, RAWHIDE, #sg.wars and some other servers.
Bodie
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby Cosyn » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:07 am

I noticed that some of the servers, including both of Paladin's, are impossible for me to join because "auto-downloading is disabled on that server." It seems that these servers are all using an 'alamo1.pk3' map. Could someone please explain what this means? Have these servers even updated to 1.1 yet?
Cosyn
Drifter

Postby dansh » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:42 am

Cosyn wrote:I noticed that some of the servers, including both of Paladin's, are impossible for me to join because "auto-downloading is disabled on that server." It seems that these servers are all using an 'alamo1.pk3' map. Could someone please explain what this means? Have these servers even updated to 1.1 yet?

Paladin servers use version 1.0, hence the map alamo1.
Try to contact the server administrators: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2379 , probably they do not know about the new version

If you use version 1.1, then try to connect to the following servers:
Code: Select all
SG1.1 Baller Bude
SG1.1 Special Bude
SG1.1+download Terra Nova
smokin-guns.org-BR
smokin-guns.org-MIXED
1.1 - Circus Novus
[FAIL]Clan 1.1 Enable autodownload!
FAIL@pukawka.pl
Jeuxlinux.fr - v1.1 - Enable auto download
Q3ALIVE.NET|SG|1.1

If the connection is to be a problem, perhaps you have a corrupted/unnecessary *pk3-files in your home directory. Remove all the *.pk3-files from directory:
Code: Select all
Linux: /home/<username>/.smokinguns/smokinguns/
Windows XP: C:\Documents and settings\<username>\Application data\Smokin' Guns\smokinguns\
Windows Vista/7: C:\Users\<username>\Appdata\Roaming\Smokin' Guns\smokinguns\
dansh
Shootist

Postby Cosyn » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:35 am

I don't have any technical issues, as I play on most of the servers you listed. Thanks for the advice from everyone, I'll stick around and see if the servers get updated to 1.1.
Cosyn
Drifter

Return to Telegraph Station

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel