With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Discuss & improve the game engine.

Moderators: sparcdr, torhu, Tequila

Mac Build Take 2

Postby Picard » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:57 pm

Ok since my last thread got sadly(:P) deleted here is the link to my mac build. As I noted before dm_dry doesnt load still so I am going to try and see what is causing that not to see the textures. Anyways hope you enjoy!

http://tslcr.co.cc/uploads/Smokin_Guns.zip

Thanks for the 2nd Mirror shafe :)
http://www.beer-garden.org/bg2/modules/ ... 24&lid=192

-Picard
Last edited by Picard on Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Picard
Drifter

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:17 pm

Thanks Picard. Very sorry for the screw up!
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby EvilFutsin » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:04 pm

Got some Mac related work to do today, will see about giving this a shot. :)
"I Gotta Believe!"
EvilFutsin
SG Team

Postby miguel » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:31 pm

well now, hes quite a hefty little guy aint he? what've you got crammed inside to make him twice the size of the windows?

i'll let you know how it runs when i finish downloadin
miguel
Newcomer

Postby Shafe » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:19 am

--------------------------------------------------------
++Beer Garden++
http://www.beer-garden.org
Shafe
Newcomer

Postby Picard » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:44 am

Yes I tried to make it smaller but for some reason it doesnt like to run unless you have the files in both the mission packs folder and the baseq3 folder :\ I will fix that later I just wanted to get a working version out :)
Picard
Drifter

Postby torhu » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:14 am

Are you using the SG code from Sourceforge?

I assume that SG would run if you just install the zip version of the game, and then add the ioquake3 mac build of the engine. Have to start with '+set fs_game smokinguns', or it won't work.

But maybe you really want to get the SG engine working properly, which is cool. :)
In game: =SG=monSter
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Postby Picard » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:52 am

you are right that works too :P I would like to get the source build of ioquake 3 working better then it currently is.
Picard
Drifter

Postby sparcdr » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:42 am

It's larger because there's dylibs for both PowerPC and Intel included. Windows and Linux don't have to provide universal binaries in the same consolidation, while due to SG's alure to older users requires we continue to support users on dated Mac G4/G5 systems as Urban Terror, Nexuiz and ioquake3 itself do. Though double isn't typical, there's always about 33% more space occupied due to the library redundancy which is necessary for bi-architecture support. Just fwiw.
sparcdr
SG Team

Postby Obeythefist » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:55 pm

:D you don't know how happy you've made me, why isn't there a link to this on the home page?! I had to dig around here for it. but anyway thanks a bunch all my macs are g4 and one g5 so I really really needed this. I'll test it out sometime this week though to see how it runs on my 400mhz nvidia 32mb video card sawtooth. I was able to run western quake on it ok, (abit slower than a mofo trying to spell his name backwards) but it worked and i was able to do some fraggin. but seriously im sure theirs lots of legacy mac users looking for this build, your only gonna get more players if you let them know where to find it. I for one cant wait till my next lan party. :D
Obeythefist
Newcomer

Postby sparcdr » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:19 am

We've backported ioquake3 into our engine so it will be easier to maintain new ports, and a contributor has provided us on-demand access with a G4 iBook with Tiger to compile on in addition to his own Intel MacBook so the hope is eventually we can crank out an official solution to this. I for one want to help you all with this issue, but our resources are thin and it is only now months later where I can say this is a possibility.
sparcdr
SG Team

Mac build available

Postby sparcdr » Fri May 01, 2009 3:31 am

Please see my reply to another thread regarding Mac status:
viewtopic.php?p=13312#13312
sparcdr
SG Team

Return to Code

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel